Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
My drivers window finally stoped working in the down position of course. So I am going to take the panel off and see if there is something jaming it. I will probably end up getting a new window motor from a junk yard. About how much should I expect to pay for that? I also need detailed directions for removing the door panel. Thanks!
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
70 Posts
yea, dont try it...getting it off is ok, but getting it back on is a

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I got it all apart. It took me a little longer than expected, but I achieved it. Now I am wondering if it is just the motor or if a piece of the regulator assembly is broken. Here are the pictures:

See that one piece that looks like it should be a circle or something, but it looks broken off. It is the skiny piece of metal that sticks straight down from the main assembly and is perpendicular to the bottom piece in the picture. Let me know what you think. What should I expect to pay to replace this? Do the junk yards sell the whole assembly or just the motor? Thanks!
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I got it done. It took me about 2 hours to get the motor out of the door. It took me another 2 hours to put it all back, some things twice. It was not that easy of a job, but for $100 I am happy.
Later!
Lee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.