Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
haha, It would be a good race. The Type R has 197 hp compared to 230 in the 6-speed. However, the Type R is made for racing. I'm not sure, but I've heard that they don't have insulation and A/C. I would go with the 6-speed for power and luxury.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
comparing the two is like apples and oranges.

if you both drag stock with compitent drivers the Type R will win.

if you autoX or road race, the type r will definatly win.

The Type R is a made from factory true sports car. the legend 6spd is a sport lux crusier.

~Hybrid

·
Registered
760 Posts
honestly i think that a Type R would win off the line... without a doubt. but at wot i think the legend would win. as you all know legend has INCREDIBLE top end, so once it got going it would fly past the type r. i raced a riced out integra on the high way (with my COMPLETELY stock legend) and sure, he was starting to take me, but then i went wot and blew right past him.

so like you have all been saying.... the TR would win on, say, 1/4 mile but eventually the legend would win.

-brandon

·
Registered
760 Posts
SeaSickLegend said:

Your correct, The Type-R has no AC, nor does it have a moon roof.
Its been a while scenes I drove a 6 speed. But I think the Type R would win. Thats just my observation between driving the 2 cars. The Type R is reasonably light (2,639.lbs) and definitely has get up.
Dv8 is right, Apples and oranges.
But one thing to keep in mind is depending on your age insurance will be VERY high(under 25) on the Type R. When I was 21 the monthly cost of the insurance was going to be a little less than my car payment.
your post is weird.... when i posted my response yours showed up right AFTER mine, then when BeaverBrad posted his response (after me) yours still showed up right AFTER HIS. weird... you been hacking? :) j/k.

anyone else notice this?

-brandon

·
Registered
238 Posts
NSXNEXT said:
haha, It would be a good race. The Type R has 197 hp compared to 230 in the 6-speed. However, the Type R is made for racing. I'm not sure, but I've heard that they don't have insulation and A/C. I would go with the 6-speed for power and luxury.
Its been a while scenes I drove a 6 speed. But I think the Type R would win. Thats just my observation between driving the 2 cars. The Type R is reasonably light (2,639.lbs) and definitely has get up.
But one thing to keep in mind is depending on your age insurance will be VERY high(under 25) on the Type R. When I was 21 the monthly cost of the insurance was going to be a little less than my car payment.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
SeaSickLegend said:

your wrong and right. depending on what year Type R the 99 and higher have all amenities except for a sunroof and cruise control.

~Hybrid

·
Registered
71 Posts
i raced my friends 2000 itr from a slow roll. we were dead even until he started pulling in the top of 3rd before we had to shut down. hes a good driver too, ive ridden with him a couple times.

he has:
2000 itr
aem intake
apexi vafc - dyno tuned
h&r springs

i have:
94 gs 6-speed
bone stock
150k+ miles

G

·
Problems though that I see with buying an Integra Type-R though is that since its a race car chances are that it has been driven hard all its life. People that didn't want to drive the car hard a lot probably wouldn't have ever even considered buying the car. Because of this the car is probably prone to a lot more problems.

My questions though are...
1) Just how much more would insurance have been about on this car?
2) What all does the ITR have over the regular teg?
3) If you were planning on turbocharging the car would you have more to gain from starting with an ITR instead of just getting a regular GSR and supplying more boost due to the fact that the ITR has higher compression?

I personally really like to drive my car hard and am really more into racing than luxury. I really like the sport of driving and because of this I really wish that I had a manual car. At the same time I don't think that I would ever want to get rid of my Legend. Someday when I'm in college and start getting the chance to earn some more money I think that I may either buy a RSX-S or a ITR because I really just want a car that is built to be driven the way that I like to drive my cars.

The Legend can definitely handle just about anything that you throw at it, but even though a lowered Legend can outhandle a stock Integra/RSX there is no way that it could outhandle a lowered/modded integra.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The only thing that the cars your trying to compare have in common is that they have 4 tires and are made by Honda.

If you really want a Legend 6spd expand your viewing area and patience, find one. If not then start comparing cars that are similar or just change the type vechicle you are looking for.

IMHO you will give up a lot of ride quality & space. Nice cars all, just not in the same class as each other.

G

·
Yeah, but then you also don't have the limited slip differential. There are so many cool features that the Integra Type-R comes with, that I don't think that I could ever buy an Integra GSR and be happy with it.

·
Sleek And Low
249 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Yeah, but then you also don't have the limited slip differential. There are so many cool features that the Integra Type-R comes with, that I don't think that I could ever buy an Integra GSR and be happy with it.
Yea, the ITR is a much better platform to start from. It's nice to have amenities, but if you really want to go fast then you don't want a heavy sunroof unit or an A/C compressor dragging down your motor. Not to mention the fact that the ITR comes with bigger brakes and 5-lug wheels. This is especially important because 5-spoke wheels look really bad on 4-lug vehicles IMO. The ITR also has better re-sale value do to its limited production. And who cares what the previous owner did to it because you'll do the same. The car will just buck up and take it like a Honda should, and like Hondas do :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
just to add my lil 2cents. =) my boy's 93 stock 6spd legend cpe eats up modded type-r's on street. I've never seen him lose to one. he also usually beats hatchbacks with gsr and b16 motor's. Those sixspd's are amazing on street. =)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts