Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The damn shop did something to my rims and now I see like residue of some sort on my rims that is hard to get out. I can use my finger nails and get it out but damn imagine how long that'll take. ANyone else have a better idea? can I use paint thinner will that kill my chrome?

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Go back to the shop with your complaint. Or, if you want to be nice, ask them for a pint of the applicable reducer and you clean the wheel using the reducer and a soft rag. You do not want to use anything which will scratch/microscratch the chrome.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well if you look at my rims you'll notice all those tiny spokes LOLZ clay bar will kind of be impossible. So reducer will work?

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
I would make the shop take care of it. I have had this happen to me once, I let it go, and I had a burgondy spot on my rims after that. I don't know about the reducer, but I would make that their problem.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've already thought of that but these this is one of those things only the owner's eyes can tell. I don't want to look like a jack off that comes back for everything. I'd rather do it myself if there's a way to do this it'll probably less of a hassle than standing there and pointing out the spots for them while they try to clean it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
For guys with chrome wheels, what do you use to clean your rims with (special cleaner or just what ever you use to wash your car)...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts