Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, it says that to check the level of the oil, you have to be on level ground. Problem is, once you jack it up, it's no longer level.

Secondly, how do you fill the oil?

The only way I can figure it is to have it on a lift. Or possibly backing it up into my driveway which has an incline, and then jacking the front up; but I don't know if I'll be able to jack it up high enough to get it level. Anyone been successful at figuring something else?

·
Registered
47 Posts
LegendGS said:
Firstly, it says that to check the level of the oil, you have to be on level ground. Problem is, once you jack it up, it's no longer level.

Secondly, how do you fill the oil?

The only way I can figure it is to have it on a lift. Or possibly backing it up into my driveway which has an incline, and then jacking the front up; but I don't know if I'll be able to jack it up high enough to get it level. Anyone been successful at figuring something else?
I used two short ramp kits that I got from store. Or you can use some bricks (long one) and drive the car over the top of the bricks.

You have to fill the oil from underneth the car with hose. I used a small hand-operated oil/fluid pump that you can find at any auto stores. I would suggest you also do a drain-and-refill on the differential oil since the car is off the ground. ;)

I can scan the "transmission oil removal" and the "differential oil removal" from the bible (helm :D ) for you, if you need them.
Thanks.

regards,

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm not sure if it's the same on manuals, but I have an auto and I added the tranny fluid by putting a funnel in the opening where the dipstick is, and just funneled the fluid right in. Works really well.

I did have to jack the car to drain the old stuff out though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.