Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Illegally Legal
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always lifted my car by the front driver side wheel to drain my oil. Obviously this tilts the oil pan and not all gets drained.

Is there a center support area to lift the car so the whole front gets liftet rather than just the driver side?

Sorry about the dumb question.

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
I drive my car up on ramps to change the oil.

·
Illegally Legal
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't fit my oil drain pan under the car w/o it being lifted so lifting from the passenger side is not an option. Heck, I can't get under the car w/o it being lifted.

·
Illegally Legal
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My car has not been modded. Not lowered at all. But I can barely get under there w/o lifting the car.

I don't have to lift my wifes Subaru.

·
Dont Catch
4,408 Posts
My car has not been modded. Not lowered at all. But I can barely get under there w/o lifting the car.

I don't have to lift my wifes Subaru.
oh... sorry i didnt elaborate on my technique... but i lower the car down... let it drain for 2 mins... and then i raise it back up put the oil filter on and put the drain plug back on (with new washer of course)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I always use a floor jack on the center lift point on the front of the car and then put jack stands on both front side lift points for safety.
i dont know why..but you couldnt pay me to get under a car that is on a jack or jack stands...Iam to paronoid bout sh*t like that..you just never know...If I cant use a ramp or a lift..then Iam not doing it...lol

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
you change your own oil???? wow....thats very sexy may I add!!!!:thumbsup:
Sometimes. I like working on my car, makes me feel warm and fuzzy :p . But I also like to take it to either the stealership or my mechanic and have them look it over when they change the oil in case there is anything wrong. Oh, and once I bought an oil pan at O'Reilly's because I couldn't find the good one and the mf had a hole in it and leaked all over my driveway! :mad: I was so pissed, I went up there and told them if they didn't give me the shit to clean it up I was going to call the city and tell them they needed to come clean up my oil spill and bill O'Reilly's :rofl:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I can't believe I'm asking this, but where is the center life point on the front of our cars?
Center front, just like it says in the Service (Helm) Manual, on page 1-10.

To those who work under the car without a lift, ramps, or jack stands.... we may be reading about you in the local obits ...

·
It's good to be the King!
677 Posts
Ive lifted it from the pass side, just behind the engine where the engine cradle meets the body. My Floor jack works beautifully and from that lift point it tilts the oilpan towards the drain plug. Im a big bitch so that car has to get HIGH in the air for me to squeeze under it. Ive never worked on a car SO low to the ground. Where do you place your jack stands? At the factory lift points along the ends of the body directly behind the wheels???

Ive had bad experience with using ramps. Got to the top and gingerly as I could and then at the top as the wheels dropped into the well the car kept on going right back out again. So I ended up with the ramps being wedged under the body behind the wheels. never use them again.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts