Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as title says. if we had a hoist and had car on blocks how long would it take if we worked 8hrs non stop..plus.

If you read my other GS accident thread...well we have a wild idea.

Please help.

· Domesticated *******
1,679 Posts
I can have the engine & tranny out of a Legend in about 4.5 hours. Take into consideration that I pull engines at least once every other week. I have the luxery to a 7 foor rack and lots of air tools.

I like pulling engines out of FWD cars. It is so easy to snatch the engine and tranny as a unit. The quickest engine pull I have ever done was on an 02 Hyundai Elantra. It took about 1.5 hours to have the engine and tranny on the ground.

Going back in is a different story. It always takes longer. Sometimes its easy sometimes a PITA, especially the ones that the tranny is left in the car. Like FORD and Chevy Trucks...

· Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright...now i can guesstimate.
thanks guys

· Banned
14,938 Posts
if you are pulling it out with the tranny and diff, you can pull it with the whole front clip, ie sub frame, wheels, suspension, axels and all, all you need to do is unbolt from frame/body and wireharness, vacuum lines and such and just lift the body off, and if you are not reusing the old body you might even be able to torch some of the front clip offand pull out in a few hours and then disassemble off body, i would make the drive for a major project like this, you would need all the help you can get...

· Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you wanna get together tommorow. I could meet you in mt prospect at a hang out called "photos" hot dog stand..

latta.

· Banned
14,938 Posts
swift said:
you wanna get together tommorow. I could meet you in mt prospect at a hang out called "photos" hot dog stand..

latta.
hey ben, yeah i get off work at 1 pm maybe earlier depending on my boss, give me a call 224-558-7868, i wont be able to check the forum till after work (i'm leaving right now 7am)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.