Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some replacement 6.5s for the front speakers in my car, I have pioneer 3 ways in the rear and they kick ass, im wondering about other brands. How good are those infinity kappa component systems. Imlooking for 6x9 sound out of a 6.5 inch speaker, if thats possible.

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
They are not god :D, Pyramid is the bottom of the food chain. Crap. Check out Alpine's lower model speakers, they're fairly cheap and pretty good.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I kinda figured they were crap, right down at the bottom next to BOSS stereo stuff.

·
Registered
103 Posts
At the risk of sounding completely nuts go check out pioneers new 2002 line. Yes I said pioneer! I heard some the other day a friend of mine installed in his car. I figured he wasted his money, but I was really surprised! They sounded really good! They're not real expensive and are pretty impressive. Go down to your local retailer and give them a listen.
As far as the Infinity's, go perfects if you can afford it. They blow away any 6x9's I've heard

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you saying pioneer speakers suck? Pioneer speakers kick ass man! I have two pioneer 3 way 6.5s in my car and they sounds great. Those are all the speakers I have ever had. And about the infinity perfects, you are saying that 6 1/2s blow away all 9x9s you have heard? The regular speakers or the component systems blow away the 6x9s?

·
32 Posts
Check out infinity too ...maybe on Crutchfield.com. They make some smooth equipment. Avoid Pyramid like the plague!!!!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I installed my Diamond Audio Components just recently. They sound GREAT! They're kinda pricey though but well worth in my opinion. They're blow away any 6x9 i've ever heard and i've tested quite a few. You just can't beat the sound of components. If i had the $$ I would've put them in the back as well.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool, thanks guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts