Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:woot: :woot: Photobucket:woot: :woot:

Ok so i got her all back together!!!! and started it then let run for 5 minutes and it maintianed 2 to 2 1/2 rpms then i shut it off and drained the oil for freshness :) because i didnt finish til 130am last night. I was just curious if you guys got any ideas as to how till the cams get in there sitting or do i have the timing of due to milled heads? also i have not fully bleed the coolant yet. Also if anybody has any tips for right after a new install of these parts

1.Spark Plugs
2.pcv
3.Type II (intake, throttle body, air back pressure block off plate, fuel rails and injectors)
4.Water pump
5.All new coolant hoses
6.new valve seals
7.Milled heads
8.Thermostat
9. blue coolant
10.fresh tranny flush
11.tranny filter
12.all new belts and timing tensioner
13.flushed heater core
14.New HG's

Thats all i can remember so far.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
0 Posts
Idle should come down when warm, like within 5 minutes or so, and if bled right it won't fluctuate up and down ever.....................

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i know that, But i remember reading that the cams are self adjusting, I was just wondering how long till they have adjusted them selves?

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
Sorry I cant answer your question...but damn that is N-I-C-E!!! :bigok:

Although if Im understadning correctly, you said you have bled the coolant yet...would air in the system trigger a longer fast idle?

Speaking of, when everything was apart, did you clean out the fast idle valve and IACV?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANKS MAN Took forever!!!! lol yeah i havent really let it run yet im still quite nervous of breaking something. :) But my buddy says it sounds like i missed a vaccum line? So i will be fine tooth combing my engine with carb cleaner tonight :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
come on somebody knows about this self adjusting cam thingy ? ANYBODY?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i did start to bleed it but it was 130am so i said to heck with and went to bed only to get up for work at 5am thanks though man !!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'll update this tomorrow :)

·
makes his putts....
693 Posts
Hopefully you don't ever have to adjust the idle since you painted over the adjustment screw on the throttle body. Other than that, looks good!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IACV was stuck :)

But i bleed and bleed and then replaced the iacv and OMFG!!!!!! she purrs better then ever i got a check engine light then after three or so starts bye bye light hello crusing :) Oh man oh man i drove for like 3 hours last night and then drove it to work this morning and i havent even cracked into the new HP. I wanna give it time to heat up and cool down a few days before i nail it. But yeah thanks To everyone for the help and i should be good for NALM now :woot:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts