Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i went through the overheating phase and hope i don't get it again. during the winter, with the heater on does the lower hose usaually get hot like the top?? and also for the coolant resevoir my level is on the max line but after driving it does to the top of the MAX word is this normal?? thanks

· Registered
264 Posts
Bottom hose gets hot when the thermostat opens and antifreez is pushed into the radiator to cool (the fans also come on). If lower hose never opens than you may have defected thermostat. Than it will definitely overheat.

Some days when it is very cold I can drive for 30 minutes(constant cold air hitting the engine) to work and the lower hose never gets warm. However, stop the car for less than 5 minutes and it will get warm (no cool air).

· Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks for replying, i feel better now cause my car has never overheated for two years now but i was just a bit concern as to why the lower rad hose wasn't hot when i was checking it lately, i suppose it cuase its winter and i'm using the heater as well so it doesn't give the engine a chance to heat up hot enough to open the thermostat while summer it would open up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.