Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I'm too sexy for my car
Joined
·
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how many coats of paint would be needed to match the color of my G2 sedan? The color is called "Frost White". I basically wanna know how many coats of paint and clear coating was used because when I go in for a paint job i'm gonna try to see if they can paint the car like it was originally painted. Thanks, I appreciate the help.
 

·
I'm too sexy for my car
Joined
·
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chris, but do you know how it was layered. Like, did they put a coat of clear, then a coat of paint and so on or did they put all four coats of paint then four coats of clear? Thanks for the information.
 

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
Joined
·
4,943 Posts
I'm not a body shop person or painter, but I'm almost positive they layer the 4 coats of paint first, then the 4 coats of clear, and bake it whenever. Painting color over the clear coat would kind of defeat the purpose of the clear coating.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,796 Posts
ChrisK said:
I'm not a body shop person or painter, but I'm almost positive they layer the 4 coats of paint first, then the 4 coats of clear, and bake it whenever. Painting color over the clear coat would kind of defeat the purpose of the clear coating.
Haha...ya...Use some common sense Triton:D
 

·
I'm too sexy for my car
Joined
·
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't even think I can handle hearing what a dealership would charge for a paintjob. I know most dealerships have accounts with certain bodyshops that do the work for them. Try to find out if your dealership does that and try to give the shop a call so they can give you a quote.
 

·
Blk/BlkGS6
Joined
·
1,755 Posts
how much does a good paintjob cost??
are those $99 to $199 paintjobs any good? they look allrite. so i dont see why u wud ever wanna spend 3 to 10 times more on those really expensive paintjobs.................how much does it cost to get 4 coats paint and 4 coats clear..............and if u go any further then that and do more, does it even make a difference??
what do u need to do to get that really really deep shine
(i want my legend done a mad nice black) its tan (factory) rite now...........its a 94 Sedan
 

·
502MotorSports.com
Joined
·
9,321 Posts
LEgEnD4LiFe said:
how much does a good paintjob cost??
are those $99 to $199 paintjobs any good? they look allrite. so i dont see why u wud ever wanna spend 3 to 10 times more on those really expensive paintjobs.................how much does it cost to get 4 coats paint and 4 coats clear..............and if u go any further then that and do more, does it even make a difference??
what do u need to do to get that really really deep shine
(i want my legend done a mad nice black) its tan (factory) rite now...........its a 94 Sedan
First off..those fly by night paint jobs will just cover your car with...CRAP

You will be mad...
The only person that I know that got a paint job like that is PAtrick O'Krongly, but they did not paint his door jambs, nor did they paint the engine bay = black paint, gold door jambs = $400

His didn't look bad, actually, but in the LEgend, you can see SEVERAL reflections of yourself in factory paint that is not really achievable at the MAaco Special. Not to mention they will rarely prep the car, and will not do any body work and take their time to cover certain things properly.....

Look at mine with factory paint, and see how it looks "wet".

Try to get that for $99. Unless you are doing it yourself, you will be unsatisfied with the results, IMHO.

FYI, the factory paint for the LEgend is upwards of $4000 (minimum) - now you can go somewhere like Full-EFX and get something close for 1500-3000.
 

·
502MotorSports.com
Joined
·
9,321 Posts
LEgEnD4LiFe said:
damn thats too much money, i dont got money like that to throw around...................4 gs on paint..................i cud buy anotha car!!!
guess ill jus have to stick with my tan/goldish color..........:(

what otha options do i have?
there are always hsops that ca ndo a near OEM quality paint for around $1.5 - $2k.

You may want to save up or just get it waxed...MEquiar's is AWESOME!

That is what I have on my 11 year old coupe ;)
Get compliments all the time...plus people ask me if its newer...i.e. 98
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
LeGeNdZ_4_LiFe said:


there are always hsops that ca ndo a near OEM quality paint for around $1.5 - $2k.

You may want to save up or just get it waxed...MEquiar's is AWESOME!

That is what I have on my 11 year old coupe ;)
Get compliments all the time...plus people ask me if its newer...i.e. 98
Meguires? That finish looks Zainoed four times over!:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Here in Florida my car was painted by the body shop that Acura sends their cars to and through Acura. I believe the cost was about $3,000+ with everything painted.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top