Votes: 15 34.1%
  • I do not support it

Votes: 29 65.9%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Kinda

I'll support it to a certain extent. It's cool late night with experienced drivers and all but running red lights , drinking smoking and driving, and running from the police is a little to hot for me. Except if everyone is running from the police (I'm not going to be the only A-hole that stops).

·
Registered
702 Posts
Re: Kinda

5speed4door said:
I'll support it to a certain extent. It's cool late night with experienced drivers and all but running red lights , drinking smoking and driving, and running from the police is a little to hot for me. Except if everyone is running from the police (I'm not going to be the only A-hole that stops).
haha, i hear ya, i don't support racing in streets at all anymore (even tho i have done it), but i sure as hell know that if the number of cars running away outnumbers the cops and if the cop is not directly behind me, i'm not stopping. :D

hehe, that supports my motto on cops...i don't stop unless they are directly behind me with their flashing lights on (or close enough to read my plates), else i will just play stupid and dip!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Re: Re: Kinda

DaTimez420 said:

haha, i hear ya, i don't support racing in streets at all anymore (even tho i have done it), but i sure as hell know that if the number of cars running away outnumbers the cops and if the cop is not directly behind me, i'm not stopping. :D

hehe, that supports my motto on cops...i don't stop unless they are directly behind me with their flashing lights on (or close enough to read my plates), else i will just play stupid and dip!
That feeling is undescribeable (especially if dirty). Friend dusted them in a 4wd zx. Please don't try this if not bout it.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I don't support street racing too much anymore. Running from the cops...never again. I dipped out in my Accord a couple of years ago...never felt like that before, definitely a good adrenaline rush. But recently I smoked a cop until I crashed the Leg...not major though (well, except for parts cost...****)Just glad no frame damage, learned my lesson...especially when I appear in court in couple weeks

·
Registered
733 Posts
We have a spot here in B-More that we go to on certain nights of the week to race our bikes and rides, and there's no pedestrian traffic, so we don't have to worry about running over any old ladies or kids. It's pretty controlled that is up until the Po-Po comes along.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
yeah yeah...we got a spot like that here in NY, same situation. It's about the only time ill indulge...till jake show his face.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
smoovie--smoov said:
I don't support street racing too much anymore. Running from the cops...never again. I dipped out in my Accord a couple of years ago...never felt like that before, definitely a good adrenaline rush. But recently I smoked a cop until I crashed the Leg...not major though (well, except for parts cost...****)Just glad no frame damage, learned my lesson...especially when I appear in court in couple weeks
Good luck dude.

·
Registered
397 Posts
There's a time and place to do this without innocent people having a significant chance to get hurt. It's called the TRACK! Do it somewhere there's a controlled enviornment and you can open it up without the worry of gettin' locked up!

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
I used to think that late at night when nobody but that parties involved are around that it was okay. I still kind of feel that way, as I open up my car from time to time at night myslef. However, I don't care for the attitude of the street racers. Lately, since I've been spending more time with our local car club, we tend to park at places that other car clubs like to go to as well. Well, on a few occassion the other racer car club members feel the need to show off and either do 180 handbrake turns in the parking lot between everones car :( or try and show off their drifting techniques. This pisses me off since they can loose control and anytime and slamm into someones parked car, and this often brings out the police who ends up questioning everyone while the aholes are now long gone. This gives all car guys a bad rep. I don't mind the speed factor, but I don't like the attitude. Its the attitude that is the dangerous part which makes drivers do things that are over the top.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I love racing, especially impromtu races, I race all the time, but I usually keep it confined to a long, strip of desolate road that me and my friends race on. I dont like stoplight wars that much, too much chance of someone getting hurt.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Back in '97-'99 we used to take it to I-65 North in Nashville at around 2-4AM on the weekdays... then it turned into this big thing with a freaking *carshow* and all these Ricers, so then we toned it down... I have since moved (as of 2000) down to GA, and we do it here, but the competition's pretty intense... it's mostly Hondas, but a few of my friends have some pretty fast stuff (RX's and Supras)... When I get my Mitsu done (I'll be using it as a daily driver also, ugh!) this summer it should dominate... going to get a complete braking system along with a new road-race setup for suspension... that is if someone buys MY LEGEND....

·
Registered
459 Posts
whiplash9001 said:
We have a spot here in B-More that we go to on certain nights of the week to race our bikes and rides, and there's no pedestrian traffic, so we don't have to worry about running over any old ladies or kids. It's pretty controlled that is up until the Po-Po comes along.
where at cuzo?

·
Registered
733 Posts
5speed4door said:
where at cuzo?
"The Underpass", I'm sure you know where it is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know exactly where you talking about Whiplash....If you raced the red CLK then you know who I am.....

·
Registered
733 Posts
Ac-Appeal said:
I know exactly where you talking about Whiplash....If you raced the red CLK then you know who I am.....
I really doubt it Ac-Appeal, because I race with my bikes ONLY....I've seen the red CLK that you speak of, but I do not race my Legend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.