Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again group.

Well I have owned my 91 LS sedan for about 2 months now and nobody I know - including myself can believe how nice a car that is this old with this many miles (134,000) can be so perfect.

Well, here is my question - this car has been immaculately maintained and I plan to continue that as I devote a minimum number of hours per week doing something for my car's care. I know I'm a nerd for treating this car like a good woman but I can't help it. Alas, I am in love.

So here is the question -

If you take care of a legend G2 - how many miles will it go without needing any major overhauls (like an engine rebuild) or without experiencing siginifacant mechanical failures?

What do you guys think?

I think mine coould do an easy 300,000 (with some love)

WW

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
properly maintained (i.e 60, 90, 120k, etc...) these cars are capable of that and more. One member on here had a G2 with 300k plus on the ticker. Know what killed it? A doggone car accident :( Totaled. :(
G1's are also good for that many miles.

I personally upgraded to a Type II at 230k in my 1991 coupe. It was still running like a champ...I did a weeklong trip to Memphis from Atlanta in it... 600 miles one way before I did the swap...won't tell you how fast I got there ;) But it was exceptional :D

I traded the motor in hopes of doing the 6 speed swap, but things didnt go as planned, so it is coming...just don't know when

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
You must first purchase a HELM Service Manual and an Owner's Manual from www.helminc.com These will provide you valuable info re maintaining your Legend for miles, and miles, and miles, and miles .....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.