Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some kid at my high school, a junior, has an S4 w/ body kit, new exhaust system, new sound system, tinted windows, and the freakin chip, boosting his car 90 hp. ? A JUNIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
ive seen worse. a friend of mine went to hs someplace in south florida, and a kid he graduated with got a lamborghini for graduation. i know kids that drive vipers as juniors, 911 turbos, corvettes.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I remember sophomores at my high school owning brand new Vettes, Audi TT, Brand new TL's , etc. Those were the days, i loved the high school parking lot, grant I also had the benz back then, needed to blend in, LOL! :giggle:

·
Premium Member
9,314 Posts
thats nothin new...if the parents are lucky enough to HAVE money, the kid can probably get damn near whatever he wants...by sophomore year, i only had 1 parent, and didnt have money like that anyway...

·
Stock Is Best
5,489 Posts
The nicest car at my high school was a 2001 Ford F-350 Powerstroke crew cab with a hugemongous lift and big fat Micky Thompson tires...and all the extras you can imagine. There were other cars there that were really nice (bmw's and such)....but they seemed to only be there for a week and then disappear; which led me to believe they were borrowing Mommy's car for the week.
My high school cars were:
1. 1966 Dodge Coronet Station Wagon (don't laugh, it was my favorite car of allllll time!)
2. 1966 Ford F-250
3. 1988 Mazda MX-6 5spd.

:)

·
B**k F***er
2,642 Posts
High school... man, I had a 1985 Dodge Colt 4speed manual hatch back. It lasted almost two weeks when I blew the engine by flooring it to merge on the highway, I think I was doing 45mph at the time.

Though I saw kids at my high school just like that, driving Bimmers, Mercs, etc... I remember one guy, his parents bought him a brand new '93 Vette. The idiot decides to do donuts in the parking lot and smacks a light pole knocking it over and doing some nice damage to the back of the Vette. The Vette was less than a week old at that time.

Man, kids like that in high school pissed me off.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Yea I went to a really preppy really rich private high school. One kid got a viper as a sophmore and rolled that and got a land rover. Another kid got a porshe Carrera 4s, lots of BMW's and Land Rovers. I got a 11 year old legend and did what i could to it.

the guy with the porshe didnt have a lot of bmw's and land rovers...those were other people that had those...i know it sounded funny how i typed it

·
Registered
767 Posts
yeh i went to a preppy rich private college as well.. i caught the bus.. lol.. the nicest car i saw was a 92 jag 6.0 V12 xjs.. in 92, 6th form(17).. then i got the hand me down 1980 toyota xt corona wagon.. which also blew up.. before i even got it

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I remember those days of being pissed off every morning walking across campus and seeing the students pull up in cars my mom couldn't even afford. my private school parking lot was filled with benz, bmw's and porsche's. but senior year i was always the designated driver ( i don't drink) so i got to drive a lot of cars and a lot of people home from parties, prom, campus etc. the coolest car i saw was a red ferrari testerrossa and he was the humblest kid i never knew he was rich until senior year.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
granted if i get a good job and future after college, and when i got a kid, hes gonna pay for most of his crap. i know how it is when kids around here get nice cars with their parents money, i dont want my kid being talked crap about getting a free ride in life. at least thats how it is now, hopefully ill make the kid earn everything, and not spoil them

·
Wha*ever ** *akes
2,543 Posts
there is a high school in ft lauderdale called university, nothing but jews go there (sorry if i offended anyone), and when i was in high school, two of the basketball players had diablos. go figure. my school wasnt too bad either, one kid had an M5, and a couple others had AMG's and ish. some even had their own boats to go along with their cars.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
kostas86 said:
Those were the days, i loved the high school parking lot:
:werd:

Our student parking area had WAY better cars than the teacher's parking area. Of course you know I had one the nicest cars for the students :D

My high school paper use to have a "Cool Cars on Campus" article once a year. And I ended up being in it last year (senior year). It's funny cause it was myself and a few of my friends were to ones who got picked.

The Cars:
Jeff - '90 Iroc Camaro (wht/blk)
Drew - '00 SL500 (blk/gry)
Aaron - '77 LTD (grn/wht)
Kelly - '75 Eldorado convertible (wht/burgundy)
Gallop - '00 Escalade (tan/tan)

....and of course the Legend coupe :2cool:

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Blue_Raspberry said:
:werd:

Our student parking area had WAY better cars than the teacher's parking area. Of course you know I had one the nicest cars for the students :D

My high school paper use to have a "Cool Cars on Campus" article once a year. And I ended up being in it last year (senior year). It's funny cause it was myself and a few of my friends were to ones who got picked.

The Cars:
Jeff - '90 Iroc Camaro (wht/blk)
Drew - '00 SL500 (blk/gry)
Aaron - '77 LTD (grn/wht)
Kelly - '75 Eldorado convertible (wht/burgundy)
Gallop - '00 Escalade (tan/tan)

....and of course the Legend coupe :2cool:
im not really feelin any of those cars except the legend and the sl500

·
Registered
8 Posts
Last year in high school, my car wasn't all that, but i would rate it in the top. THe best car we had were an S2000, 3000gt vr4, 240sx and the Legend of course. :2cool: One of my friend had a WRX for one week, but he drove it into a lake.
Either than that, there were like 7 civics, 3 accord, and a camry. I went to a public school where most people are poor. We also had to park on the street, which was a pain during street sweeping. I had to park 4 block away and walk to school.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm known as the kid who does his own work on his own car. One kid has a mustang w/ a purple paint job and a obnoxious spoiler hanging off 3 feet. It has a body kit and new muffler. Another kid has a civic w/ front body kit. Everyone thinks the civic would smoke my legend, but obviously they dont know what the legend is :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.