Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a 1991 Sedan, Rosewood in color. 185,000 miles, but she still runs like the first day I got her. Timing belt, water pump, etc. has been changed. The interior was just re-done 2 months ago with two tone taupe with dark brown inserts. Also has dark brown Acura emblems stitched in each headrest. Clear corners and bumpers. It has 3 month old 17 inch Enkei RP08s (silver not chrome) with Falkens wrapped around them. CD player (Pioneer), Pioneer speakers throughout, Pioneer amp and Pioneer tube in trunk. Looks really good, I don't have any pics at this time. I am borrowing my friends digital camera tomorrow and will have some pics then.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
well..

dont be surprised if a lot of people lowball you.

has it has the 2nd set of timing belt replaced?

I'd say in the 3,500-4500 range

take care,
Jose

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Jose is correct in his estimate at what you could get for your car.
By the way, you are long overdue with that 2nd timing belt change. Better get it done soon!

Most of the people don't realize that all the mods/ additions that you do to your car, does not really help you in getting more money for it. Sucks but that's the reality!

take care!

·
Registered
655 Posts
I would put it on autotrader

I dont think ur gonna get too much though,the legend is not in its demographics anymore, I mean its in the $3-5k range and when the ppl in that range look for reliability,If they research the car and find out how exprensive legends are to fix that will also detour them.Your probably gonna end up sellin to a kid or young adult so I would just give a lowest ,firm price. It will get more attention and when a kid gets infatuated with something theyll do all they can to get it. Use the honda name to ur advantage when talkin about miles.Hope u get what u want, later.

G

·
Hmmm, well you better get that timing belt replaced right away!!! If that things breaks your legend is gone. I have a friend with a G1 who was driving and his timing belt snapped (it was like 10k miles after it was replaced; must have been faulty) and he was SOL. Just destroyed the engine.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
hey

kino1161 said:
Thanks, guys. If I don't sell it I am still going to be very happy with it. I really don't care if I sell it or not, but if the price is right, I will. :D
I have a G1 w/ 190k miles.
That thing is reliable as hell.
it's sitting in massachusetts right now.

honestly? it's probably worth 1000-1500...
but it aint worth it to sell it for peanuts like that.
when you know you have a dependable car.
and it's taken care of you.
might be your case as well.

3500 was a bit of a lowball quote from me, but it was just used to make u understand that our cars tend to have bad luck when you're looking to re-sell.

again, my g1 is worth 1000-1500... and I had it before I bought my G2, but heck, I'd rather have it sitting in Massachusetts w/ my dad taking care of it, than sell it for peanuts and miss her. ;(
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
917 Posts
IMO 4,500 is the high end of what you can get for it. And not getting the timing belt done a second time will make people be wary

·
I love hot girls.
749 Posts
What Mike said. There will be someone willing to pay that price for your car, you just have to wait until he finds you. The wheels/tires was a considerable amount, probably more than the 180,000 mile service (in essence, 90,000 mile service). I'd look for around $5,000, and nothing less than $4,500.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts