Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think it's time for my car to get a tranny flush n since it's gonna be in the shop for a while might as well get it done now. i've heard a lot of you say that using Honda ATF is real good and the results are great. how much would a tranny flush cost and would i havta buy the Honda ATF or just specify to the the shop which tranny fluid i want them to use? thanks all.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
94legendsedan said:
i think it's time for my car to get a tranny flush n since it's gonna be in the shop for a while might as well get it done now. i've heard a lot of you say that using Honda ATF is real good and the results are great. how much would a tranny flush cost and would i havta buy the Honda ATF or just specify to the the shop which tranny fluid i want them to use? thanks all.
Do the drain and fill method every oil change for 3 oil changes.
Dont do the "power flush" stuff.
That's gonna hurt you in the long run.

-Jose

(oh yea, Use ONLY hOnda atf)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Is there a drain plug for the transmission, or does the pan have to come off to change the fluid :confused:

Also, how much fluid does the trans. take during a normal change?

I am buying a new antenna mast tomorrow or Friday, and want to pick up the Honda ATF at the same time.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Sean L said:
Is there a drain plug for the transmission, or does the pan have to come off to change the fluid :confused:

Also, how much fluid does the trans. take during a normal change?

I am buying a new antenna mast tomorrow or Friday, and want to pick up the Honda ATF at the same time.

Thanks
There is a drain plug in the bottom of it, so yea.. No pan or anything.

Generally, it takes 3 quarts but get 4 in case u have to top off..

-Jose

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thanks Jose. I changed the Speed Sensor myself when I first bought the car (@ 98K miles), so I am sure I'll have no problem changing trans fluid. Just wasn't sure on the draining procedure.

The local Acura Specialty shops recommends changing the ATF every 15K since the Legend has no trans. filter.

Regards,

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Sean L said:
Thanks Jose. I changed the Speed Sensor myself when I first bought the car (@ 98K miles), so I am sure I'll have no problem changing trans fluid. Just wasn't sure on the draining procedure.

The local Acura Specialty shops recommends changing the ATF every 15K since the Legend has no trans. filter.

Regards,
Hey, I got to replace my Speed sensor too. Can you e-mail me directions?
[email protected]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Trans-flush

I would agree on drain and re-fill. I just had that done with good results on my 93 LS Coupe.
I had a 91 L Coupe and had the trans flushed at the dealer, 150.00 I think, and just a month later the trans went away, at 150000. I had a re-built Honda aproved trans installed for 3500.00.
I will go with the drain and re-fill every other oil change on this car. I will do myself and thanks to the other post for the info on 3-4 qts of ATF needed. That was a question I had. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts