Acura Legend Forum banner

How much horespower do you have ?

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  LegendTypeRKon 
Hurleysurf24 said:
hey just wondering abotu a couple of things .

1. What hp is everyone at on their legends? Is it possile to be at 250 with a cat back and intake ?
2. I've heard about putting dry ice in you intake (or something like that) would this result in more power? (It should give it more cold and crisp air flow):D
Not a chance. THe TYPE II motor with 230 HP at the crank can't even get 250 at the crank with an intake and exhaust. You're probably looking at about 10HP MAX with that. TYPE II 6-Speed dyno between $185-190 stock at the wheels, give or take a little.

The TYPE II automatic Legend Coupes run 15.6-15.7 almost all day. I figure you should be able to run low 15's to mid 15's almost all day in a good 6-Speed. I know people don't like to see magazine times, but Motor Trend back in 1993 has a 6-Speed Coupe running 0-60 in 6.3 seconds and 1/4 mile in 14.9. The automatics are tested at 0-60 in 7.2 and 1/4 mile in 15.6, so that should give you an idea. Also, take a look at Alexeis dyno above. Keep in mind his is mildly modified, but a stock Cl-S puts down anywhere from 192-208 HP to the wheels. That car is listed as a 0-60 in 6.4 and a 1/4 mile in 14.8 car, so the 6-Speed being able to break the 15 second barier is not out of the question and very much realistic, just a little harder to do as consistently as the automatic CL-S.

Hurleysurf24 said:
is it that much of a noticable difference when the car dies down that much in horsepower? i know the 15.5's are stock when the car is new. but what does it run when it is at that type of mileage (150k?)

also how muh is it for a new engne ?
I'm not a mechnic, but cars tend to get faster as they break in. They usually improve a little from brand new. As to how well a 150K mile engine will do, it depends on the exact condition of the engine. Some people here have had compression tests done on their high mileage engines that still test within spec. Some even on the high side. This I believe was due to carbon composites building up and actually increasing compression. But anyway, a 150K mile motor that has been taken care of will perform bettern than a 85K mile engine that was hardly taken care of. The fact is, it is almost imposible to tell you a straight answer. Most of these owners here who frequent the trans and running mid 15s in their automatics are doing it with over 100K miles and on the 200HP TYPE I engine.

Maybe the other Legend owners with over 100K miles should let you know how well and strong their motors are. I only have 85K on my 93 6-Speed, and had 96K on my 95 Coupe when I sold it, so I never got pass the 100K mile mark on any of my Legends yet. Even my 91 Coupe was sold when it had 70K miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.