Acura Legend Forum banner

How much horespower do you have ?

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  LegendTypeRKon 
#1 ·
hey just wondering abotu a couple of things .

1. What hp is everyone at on their legends? Is it possile to be at 250 with a cat back and intake ?
2. I've heard about putting dry ice in you intake (or something like that) would this result in more power? (It should give it more cold and crisp air flow):D

#2 · (Edited)
Hurleysurf24 said:
hey just wondering abotu a couple of things .

1. What hp is everyone at on their legends? Is it possile to be at 250 with a cat back and intake ?
2. I've heard about putting dry ice in you intake (or something like that) would this result in more power? (It should give it more cold and crisp air flow):D
Not a chance. THe TYPE II motor with 230 HP at the crank can't even get 250 at the crank with an intake and exhaust. You're probably looking at about 10HP MAX with that. TYPE II 6-Speed dyno between $185-190 stock at the wheels, give or take a little.

#3 ·
Here's my dyno chart:

These are some of the conditions and modifications that might affect the results of my dyno results.

Acura Legend Coupe 1993 6 speed
140k miles
RM Racing Intake
Greddy Exhaust
19x8 RacingHart Type C5
235/35R19 BF Goodrich Scorcher T/A
50-60 degrees ambiance temperature
Dynojet 248C

Like what you see over there, the HP number on my crank would be about 235-240, considering the drivetrain lost is about 15-17% on the manual car.

#4 ·
hey, im thinking about a 95 6 speed with 150k on it, will it still be able to run mid 15's (ive heard that the legend runs this stock) also what do you think the hp would be with this many miles?

anyone no how much itwould cos to drop in (with instillation) a new type 2 engine
(i now thers no such thing as new, but something alongthe lines of it?)

#5 ·
The TYPE II automatic Legend Coupes run 15.6-15.7 almost all day. I figure you should be able to run low 15's to mid 15's almost all day in a good 6-Speed. I know people don't like to see magazine times, but Motor Trend back in 1993 has a 6-Speed Coupe running 0-60 in 6.3 seconds and 1/4 mile in 14.9. The automatics are tested at 0-60 in 7.2 and 1/4 mile in 15.6, so that should give you an idea. Also, take a look at Alexeis dyno above. Keep in mind his is mildly modified, but a stock Cl-S puts down anywhere from 192-208 HP to the wheels. That car is listed as a 0-60 in 6.4 and a 1/4 mile in 14.8 car, so the 6-Speed being able to break the 15 second barier is not out of the question and very much realistic, just a little harder to do as consistently as the automatic CL-S.

#6 ·
is it that much of a noticable difference when the car dies down that much in horsepower? i know the 15.5's are stock when the car is new. but what does it run when it is at that type of mileage (150k?)

also how muh is it for a new engne ?

#7 ·
Hurleysurf24 said:
is it that much of a noticable difference when the car dies down that much in horsepower? i know the 15.5's are stock when the car is new. but what does it run when it is at that type of mileage (150k?)

I'm not a mechnic, but cars tend to get faster as they break in. They usually improve a little from brand new. As to how well a 150K mile engine will do, it depends on the exact condition of the engine. Some people here have had compression tests done on their high mileage engines that still test within spec. Some even on the high side. This I believe was due to carbon composites building up and actually increasing compression. But anyway, a 150K mile motor that has been taken care of will perform bettern than a 85K mile engine that was hardly taken care of. The fact is, it is almost imposible to tell you a straight answer. Most of these owners here who frequent the trans and running mid 15s in their automatics are doing it with over 100K miles and on the 200HP TYPE I engine.

Maybe the other Legend owners with over 100K miles should let you know how well and strong their motors are. I only have 85K on my 93 6-Speed, and had 96K on my 95 Coupe when I sold it, so I never got pass the 100K mile mark on any of my Legends yet. Even my 91 Coupe was sold when it had 70K miles.

#8 ·
Hurleysurf24 said:

My mechanic is pretty sharp when it comes to acura,honda,and yota's. He changed my timming belt,water,pump,etc and he explained to nme that these cars don't break in completely until 90k or so. They'd run forever if you take care of it. Tranny flushes, fuel system flush, running good fuel (92 octane or higher) and oil changes of course.

#14 ·
ha, Jose i'm faster than you!

im putting down 1.21 Jiggawatts to the ground :D

need a new set of tires every time i run though.

I didnt get my timeslip last time at the track cause once i hit 88 mph, i ran into a pine tree and crashed into a barn:confused:

#15 ·
Rims

Steve, are your rims still 4Sale?

#16 ·
FLYWHEEL EST

EST to the Fly wheel is 260HP
Wheels - EST. 210

Stock Exhuast back on - WOW, IM SLOW AGAIN!
That SHET IS COMING BACK OFF....
I run 15.6 / 15.7 with it back on. ewwwwwwwwwwwwww
And Throttle response sux, It cant live with it...
EVERYONE get exhuast no..NO EXHUAST...hehe thats when you gain MAD power!!

#17 ·
Re: FLYWHEEL EST

LegendTypeRKon said:
Wheels - EST. 210

'

I doubt you're putting down 210 at the wheels, so far no one on this forum have dynoed a typeII past 200HP at the wheels yet, stock or heavily modded. I suggest you get yours dynoed and post some real #.

#18 ·
Re: FLYWHEEL EST

LegendTypeRKon said:
Wheels - EST. 210

Your an idiot, why do you even post, Id like to see that time slip of a 15.1, and dont try and show someone elses time slip.

~Hybrid

#19 ·
I think that DV8 hit the nail on the head with that one... 210 at the wheels... yeah... I might as well let the forum injest what I have to say, so here it is:

My car runs 14.1 without NOS...
It puts down 230 at the wheels... EST 265 at the flywheel...
It's sooo fast!

:rolleyes:

#20 ·
come to Orlando and see the slip

Come to orlando and se the slip... They use the last 4 # of my social and its the same number on all my runs. I wanna meet some Orlando Legend heads newayz, if you know anyone in the area then have them check me out. Next weekend I go back to Ft. Luad so if anyone wants to see it there, I am home that whole weekend.

P.S. I'll run anyone...hehe... even if you got NOS...b/c I am borrow my friends 75 shot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.