Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did my TB and WP job at 93K miles at the dealer since the had a discount promo coupon on just the TB. I asked them to install my WP too which I already bought and had already agreed verbally that it was at not additional charge. Later he tacked on $260 labor charge when it came time to pay. So it appears from my calculations the WP itself took 3hrs at $85/hr, which doesn't feel right.
So I'm feeling majorly jacked in the end since I didn't iron out the agreement which we agreed upon verbally. I'm never going back to an Acura dealer again especially John Eagle Acura of Houston ever again.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
That sounds about right, I just had my timing belt and water pump replaced. The labor for both was 6 hrs at Acura.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
That sounds about right, getting a TB and such replaced at a dealer is expensive. Actually it is pretty much expensive anywhere.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If I understand you correctly, the dealer added $260 in labor for swapping out your waterpump, while he was already getting paid to do your timing belt. If this is the case then yes he is raping you and I would definitely have some words with the service manager. Normally as you stated, swapping out the waterpump is not an extra charge when they already have everything taken off, for your timing belt.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
KenS said:
If I understand you correctly, the dealer added $260 in labor for swapping out your waterpump, while he was already getting paid to do your timing belt. If this is the case then yes he is raping you and I would definitely have some words with the service manager. Normally as you stated, swapping out the waterpump is not an extra charge when they already have everything taken off, for your timing belt.
that is what I was going to say...get the BBB:mad:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I recently did the job myself and yes the waterpump does take extra time to remove and put in. Although I only used hand tools it took me close to 1.5 hrs. to completly remove and install just the waterpump(this does not include removing the timing belt). There's alot of bolts and two of them are in tight spots, and a final one hidden behind the rear cover. This means you also have to remove the camshaft pulley as well. It's not like most cars where after the timing belt is removed you just can just unbolt the waterpump. Therefore, the removal of the camshaft pulley add more time. Also, the extra time added could include the time they spent draining and refilling the coolant, because it would not be needed if only the timing belt was changed. With the tools and experience they have it really shouldn't take more than an hour added to the labor, so ask why.

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
OK, cool, that clears up a few things, but it still does not make up for that the rep said to me. He told me that since the WP is supposed to be removed and inspected anyways that there is no additional cost except pay for the parts which I did from Augusta.
My normal shop that I goto also said the same thing. Basically, I was deceived by the dealers on what we have verbally agreed and I got burned in the end. So just as a reminder, get a service agreement first before signing or even letting a shop do the work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.