Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much would it be to put a cold air intake and how would it fit? Can someone with a CAI tell me how this whole proceedure is in installing one? Do they have to make a hole in the fender? What is the best way in installing a CAI? I'm sorry everyone, but i'm new to all this stuff

·
Registered
996 Posts
I just built a gheto one with a K&N cone filter and white PCV pipe from Home Depot. It looks like crap, but seat-of-the-pants dyno tells me it gives a bit more juice (plus it sounds cool :) ) To install it, you have to remove the front bumper since you need to remove the stock air box ... it's really quite easy (on a coupe, remove the bumper lights, and behind them are a couple of 12mm bolts ... that's it!). Once all the stock piping and box is gone, you'll see exactly how to run the CAI piping (basically, drop it through the hole so the filter is behind the fog light cover.

For more detailed info, check the "Useful DIY" forum

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
if you take the stock box out, u'll see that theres already a hole leading to the bumper. run u'r pipes into this and you should be fine. there are no aftermarket cai's for the legend. the closest thing is DV8's cai setup he's selling. you can do what i s did and get u'rself a 97+ prelude cai kit.

-j

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
the intake shown is an akimoto shortram combined with a prelude cai. it also has an aem bypass valve. i've looked at the prelude piping and with cutting, it can be made to fit. if u'r going with just the prelude CAI, u'll also need to buy 2 breathers. check out dv8's engine. the reason is the prelude intake only has 1 hole for the tubes and the legend intake needs 3. just put 1 hose into the intake and breathers on the other 2.
-j

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
ColdFusionM3 said:
So that intake would fit perfectly once i remove all the stock stuff? And $245 dollars...that seems a little expensive
try to buy a CAI for a Prelude and see how much that is...then you still have to modify it....you should know that the WEapon R LEgend intake/filter alone is $192.

·
Registered
273 Posts
DV8....

How would I go about adding an AEM bypass valve to your CAI? I really don't want to take out the extension on rainy days...

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Im very busy, so cant ever find ample time to meet up with someone, but your intake will be to you very soon if you live close by.

The aem bypass can be installed between the intake pipe and extension.

~Hybrid

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.