Votes: 7 13.7%
  • $200

Votes: 11 21.6%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok lets say I can have them custom made coupe and sedan clear or clear/red combo how ever you like it but won't be a full tail light housing, just the lense itself you'll have to take your original amber/red cover off and assemble the new ones on. Not very hard to do instruction will be provided. These will have to be customed made. If there's enough interested I can probably get this rolling. These item will be shipped directly to me from another country and I will personally have them shipped to each one of you. Select the price and please only select once because it'll be another way for me to count the number of people interested. It's gotta be worth my time to look into this before I can contact the manufactor of this. We probably need at least 40 of us commited or else it won't be worth my trip.

It may seems pricey for 2 pieces of plastics covers but, just remember you'll be among the 40 or 50 legend in the US to have this and the material will be just as good as OEM lense. Lets not be so shaddy on our pride and joy.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I think you and Sprung17 should tell us how much they charge and not try to get what you can out of us....Since it is not a complete housing and just a lens, I say $150 tops!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you and Sprung17 should tell us how much they charge and not try to get what you can out of us....Since it is not a complete housing and just a lens, I say $150 tops!!

FYI: Sprung has nothing to do with this, I don't even know exactly where sprung got his made. I'm just checking to see if there are interest before I put my time out and contact my connection in the other country so they can hunt a particular shop down that is willing to do this. It's MY time, MY money, MY effort to do so, this may mean that I will have to leave the country to check on this to make sure everything is made correctly etc. I'm not looking forward to rob any of you guys, just trying to figure out a way to do it without losing any money. I don't think you'd work for free would you? Or work then have to lose money?

200 for a complete housing? you guys gotta be kidding, it'll cost way more than that just for the housing, then the time to make the covers pealing out the Original ones then sealing the clear ones back on. No one's gonna do that for you for free, I'm sure you know the word "LABOR" especially with 40 or 50 orders, sure I can ask them to have that done for who ever that wants it done but expect to pay at least 600 bucks for them. The reason for just the lense only is for cheaper shipping.

Well if this may cause conflictions then we should just close this thread. Yall making me look like the bad guy for trying offer you a product that everyone's been drooling for for years. Most of you newbies don't realise that this subject has been going on since I first found the legend forum almost 5 years ago.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
So what your saying is that you want me to CLOSE THIS THREAD?

Correct me if im wrong, but I never remember the forums being around 5 years ago unless you refering to the Legend in H&A forums(which were/are GAY).

I think the clear look is played out-although the half and half may look good, nothing im willing to pay exsessive $$ for. Now if it made me faster then i would.

~Hybird

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Dv8 said:

Correct me if im wrong, but I never remember the forums being around 5 years ago unless you refering to the Legend in H&A forums(which were/are GAY).

~Hybird
I believe he is talking about our old faithful legend.org forums. Those forums have been around since at least 1996 in various forums, with that last form being the currnet one that everyone seems to complain about. Those forums have gone through about 4-5 different bulletin board programs.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe he is talking about our old faithful legend.org forums. Those forums have been around since at least 1996 in various forums, with that last form being the currnet one that everyone seems to complain about. Those forums have gone through about 4-5 different bulletin board programs.

Thank you chris for clearing that up, as far as closing this thread lets give it another day or so. If no one wanna shell out this kind of money for something that's been begged for then I'll delete this thread myself.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Now were talkin'

Danny, Oh Danny, I don't know what you posted (I got box with "x"), but I'm sure this poll is a good one. As far as the $600, I would be willing to pay $600 for a set of altezza's, but not just for Clear tops/Red bottoms. I'm looking for the "street legal" I believe the ones that resemble ti Lexus IS300 and LX430. If I could get those for my baby...ooooooh Damn it would be so sweet! I don't think we need to close this thread, I think we need to reset that poll and make sure everyone can view it. YES, this has been a sore subjuct for MANY years, and I have personally gone through that pain, so, "Let's Roll!"

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I would be interested to get full clear lenses, red/clear look too stock. I would only pay that much for the lenses only if the lenses are made of high material. and is well made. I wouldn't pay $200 for plexi-glass

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As far as material it'll be made of, I can probably find a shop and deal with them so we can have them make the lense out of the same material as our OEM ones and will be just as thick. As of now I have no idea exactly how crazy of a design tail light we can go like Altezza or anything like that. But clear and red/clear combo is no problem. I will probably have to leave the country and bring these thing back personally, the only problem is everytime I come back and forth I can only carry 80 lbs (40kl) in each box can have a maximum of 2 boxes. So assembling a full housing may cause more weight and space. And I will only make one trip and make this happen. It cost a lot for a plane ticket plus the expenses over there.

Taking the tail lights out is just the matter of a cuople of screws behind the trunk. Removing the cover shouldn't be that hard, have never tried it on a legend but I have removed the full front lense off a 2000 accord and all it took was about 45 min to an hour each side on and off. Make a couple of phone calls tonite when the sun start to shine in the other side of the world.

G

·
Hey Danny, I'm sorry, but if you are gonna try to charge people here more than $100 for a piece of plexiglass then that is just criminal. I don't care how much time you are going to be putting into it, there is no reason for you to be making that much profit. I'm not saying that I wouldn't appreciate you trying to do so, but around here everyone is just trying to help eachother, and I know that I would go out on a limb for these guys around here, and I try to hope that most other people would too.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Lets calm down...Danny, I apologize for setting the tone at the beginning of this thread...I do appreciate what you are doing for us but there are several things I don't understand...

You asked us how much we would be willing to pay, which initially, led me think you may be seeing how much you can get out of us...Like I said, an upfront price of how much they would charge for each set would be great, and then we could just divide up the shipping charges between all buyers...That way, each buyer pays for their product + shipping...Makes sense to me...Just like any other nonlocal purchase...

I agree that it may be your time and effort making phone calls, but not your "money", its ours...Why is a trip to a different country necessary? If a trip is necessary, I don't know if I want to fork over my money to someone that can't do it without your guidance...I think they should be able to do them if someone sends two(left and right) OEM Acura tails to them as models...and mark what part we want clear or just tell them the orange part, etc....

Again...I thank you for what work you are putting into this and I am sorry for kinda going overboard at the beginning...Sprung will not tell me where he got his made and I guess that has upset me so it appeared to me that you two were working together to cheat us....I trust you...Thanks.

·
Banned
2,930 Posts
hey i understand what danny is doing...personally i feel that if he wants to make a profit and anyone is willing to pay that much then, he should be able to do that without any harsh remarks toward him..of course people will be pissed though. also if sprung doesn't want to tell anyone how he made the taillights then thats fine too. he wants his car to be unique and the only one with red and clear taillights or whatever he has. Anyone who wants the taillights badly should pay the price of creativity or find some on their own. personally i don't want anyones legend looking exactly like mine. i understand that alot of us are in this as a hobby and not a business, but to organize something as big as a group buy for red/clear tails should definitly be compensated for their time. no manufacturer has done this and if everyone thinks it is as easy as putting some red tape or just clearing off some plastic, should either A. do it themselves or B. pay the price. Sorry for the long post, but i'm young and definitly interested in starting my own business. my advice to you danny is do it and see what you can get for it. Or else i might beat you to it. latah

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
jigga622 said:
hey i understand what danny is doing...personally i feel that if he wants to make a profit and anyone is willing to pay that much then, he should be able to do that without any harsh remarks toward him..of course people will be pissed though. also if sprung doesn't want to tell anyone how he made the taillights then thats fine too. he wants his car to be unique and the only one with red and clear taillights or whatever he has. Anyone who wants the taillights badly should pay the price of creativity or find some on their own. personally i don't want anyones legend looking exactly like mine. i understand that alot of us are in this as a hobby and not a business, but to organize something as big as a group buy for red/clear tails should definitly be compensated for their time. no manufacturer has done this and if everyone thinks it is as easy as putting some red tape or just clearing off some plastic, should either A. do it themselves or B. pay the price. Sorry for the long post, but i'm young and definitly interested in starting my own business. my advice to you danny is do it and see what you can get for it. Or else i might beat you to it. latah
I disagree with your logic. I don't think making several phone calls or email or whatever ways of communication he uses should be compensated for by us...That is where group buys start to lose their point:(

I know it is Sprungs choice but if you think about it, if he told us who did them, contact info.,etc and several of us got red/clears...Do you think he would actually see any of them on the road? Chances are slim to none...Only us online peeps would know that he wasn't the only one to have them....No one locally would think "Hey, man his car is so unoriginal and ununique!"

·
Registered
125 Posts
I dont think Danny said anything about a G/B here..

I have no prob with ppl makeing profit..I mean thats what being in bizz is about.. product + time = cost

If someone has something that I want for sale,,Well then, I'm going to buy it...

As for the price, if its off the wall..then I just keep looking..

BTW Danny, Iam interested.
Keith.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I don't care what you call it, it is a group buy...I don't think the place would just do it for one of us at the price they are going to give us...I think they are going to do it since a bunch of people may buy, causing the price to be lowered...Also referred to as a group buy.

I don't have a problem with people making profit either...the people providing/making the product...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I disagree with your logic. I don't think making several phone calls or email or whatever ways of communication he uses should be compensated for by us...That is where group buys start to lose their point

So u think putting together a GB is an easy task? Ok, so calling around is an easy thing to do, try paying a couple of bucks/min for hours and hours on the phone calling to another country. Try paying 900 bucks for a plane ticket excluding expenses in another country for a week or 2. U think it's easy to bring 2 boxes full of who knows WTF those plastic pieces are across the airport for custom checks. Do you even know what it's like to leave the country for 2 weeks leaving other business behind in the states? Obviously not, ask anyone that have tried to put together a GB, keeping tracks of 40 something email address, mailing info and what they like isn't very easy. Who's supposed to pay for all those shipping cost? Me? I'm not a saint I don't work for free, and I won't put out the money that I don't have for anyone's hobby.

Thanks jigga, at least there are still people out there knows that people's time and work cost.

I don't care what you call it, it is a group buy...I don't think the place would just do it for one of us at the price they are going to give us...I think they are going to do it since a bunch of people may buy, causing the price to be lowered...Also referred to as a group buy.
I didn't mention anything about a group buy but of course if i can get enough people interested the price will lower, because I'll konw what kind of numbers I have to negotiate with the manufactor. right now I have no idea what's it's gonna cost me to get these made yet. So I'm just trying to see where I can start.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Hey Danny, which country do you need to go to? I am wondering because I go to China often and I know these types of products are usually made in China or Taiwan........

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
OhMyGodItsDanny said:

So u think putting together a GB is an easy task? Ok, so calling around is an easy thing to do, try paying a couple of bucks/min for hours and hours on the phone calling to another country. Try paying 900 bucks for a plane ticket excluding expenses in another country for a week or 2. U think it's easy to bring 2 boxes full of who knows WTF those plastic pieces are across the airport for custom checks. Do you even know what it's like to leave the country for 2 weeks leaving other business behind in the states? Obviously not, ask anyone that have tried to put together a GB, keeping tracks of 40 something email address, mailing info and what they like isn't very easy. Who's supposed to pay for all those shipping cost? Me? I'm not a saint I don't work for free, and I won't put out the money that I don't have for anyone's hobby.
As I said before, I don't think leaving the country should be necessary, and if it is...I don't want in on this if they have to have your guidance by their side to get them done correctly...I understand long distance calls...you could divide that up between the buyers if its that big of a deal...Hours and hours???:(Email! If you'll look above, I mentioned each buyer could pay their dividend of the shipping... I don't think saving each persons email, address, etc to disk or on your pc is that big of a deal...

See what I'm saying...All you are really doing is calling the company, getting the details to them, etc..You are not making the product, you are not selling the product...If you are the one to have to ship each part out once they are to the U.S., I could see you charging us slightly for that, but that is it...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts