Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
TWICE A MONTH????! AND U CALL YOURSELF A LEGEND OWNER????!:mad: i wash mines twice a week when the weather permits:eek:

G

·
Whenever it gets really dirty.. so like 1 a week... plus i'm broke as hell (saving my $$$) so when I do I polish and wax the hell out of it.. (did it today):D

·
Registered
103 Posts
You poor suckers!:D I guess I'm lucky. I wash mine daily if need be:D :) :p Seriously! But I have an indoor bay at work where I can pull it in wash it, work on it, or just stare.:)

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
whoa daily!

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Twice a week here. However, if I see some dirt on it, I wash it right away. No waxing yet though. I want to use the good stuff for that. The G1 is slightly more neglected, it gets washed once a week, only because the clear coat is peeling off already.. hehe

·
Registered
150 Posts
I wash mine whenever possible. If I don't have time, my dad will wash it, because he loves my car. He offered to trade his 2000 TL with Koni's, exhaust, intake and Compech sways for my 91 Legend. Of couse I declined.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Once a week, but I normally only have time to wash it on the weekend so if it's raining I'm outta luck..

G

·
C25A1guy said:
I wash about once a week. I'll wax when need be. I need to find something that lasts longer then Meguiars, but no Zaino until I repaint.
Use this combo... Meguires Paint Cleaner (1st), Meguires Mirror Glaze #7 (Polish) 2nd, Mothers Pure Carbuna Wax (liquid) 3rd..... Damn the car will shine..

Used it the last sunday in in Febuary... lasted for about a month and two washes... Just rewaxed yesterday..

I'm waiting to get my car repainted so I can star my Zanio Armor!:D

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
In the winter, its ard to keep a car clean, so like 3 times a week (to get the dirt and crap off so no rust), but in the summer, usually daily at the wash bay, if not twice a day sometimes. But that was with a dark blue car, which is way too hard to keep clean.... the coupe still looks have good when it is dirty.... it just changes color..:)

Gotta go wash my car now:D

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Other than just rinsing it off, I havn't officially washed my car in 3 months..I was without it for 2 with my headlight saga...

But, b/c of the color(Seattle Silver), it still appears clean to the untrained eye when just rinsed off....

Normally, I wash it every 2 weeks or so....

·
Registered
926 Posts
I try to wash mine as much as possible twice a week minimum. It's hard to do that in the winter time because I hate going to carwashes and its too cold to do myself. But its starting to get warm in NY so i will be out there soon to wash it. Only reason its dirty now is because I'm putting it in the shop Monday for bodywork. I will be posting before and after pics soon:) :) :)

G

·
Hmmm, well when my car is working properly (I'm not driving it much right now, cause of some wierd problem). I wash it once a week if not 2 or 3 times. I have autobody at school, so when I get bored I just wash my car. Sometimes I skip 6th period and go wash my car :p (not an important class, and the teach doesn't care).

G

·
acuralegend.com said:
Havent washed it since nov 2001
I feel for ya' Darren. That must be hard being away from your legend. I hear though that its a bad idea to not have them be driven for long periods of time, so if you need someone to occasionally ;) drive it, you know where to go now :D.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
I feel for ya' Darren. That must be hard being away from your legend. I hear though that its a bad idea to not have them be driven for long periods of time, so if you need someone to occasionally ;) drive it, you know where to go now :D.
No worries, that's the parent's duty for the next couple of years. :)

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
acuralegend.com said:

No worries, that's the parent's duty for the next couple of years. :)
Darren, your "official" parents just called me up.
They're giving up their "parents" title and handing it over to me.

I am now your father.
Son, please send me the keys to our car.
Your father needs to drive it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts