Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so on Christmas eve I decided to ride my bike to my Aunts house and got suckered into going to church at midnight with them. So when I was leaving, I had the option of leaving my bike there (no garage) or taking it home.

The tempature when I got there was about 45-55 so it was nice, cold but nice. Well around 1:30 the temp had dropped drastically and I guess ice had formed. As I was leaving less then a block away I hit ice the bike spun out and down I went.

So it appeared to have torn a hole thru the crank case cover, ripped off the peg and of course destroyed the driverside fairing.

Well shit, I get my batchelors degree this fall and have not had the money to fix it since I have had other stuff I have had to spend my money on like books, ect.

So today the owner of my company called me in to his office and asked me if I was busy this weekend. I told him well I have a few things to do and some homework but no why.. Here I thought he was going to ask me to do Overtime since its the end of the month.

He said good that to go to his house at 8 am on saturday to help him hook up his trailor so we could get my bike to the shop. I told him oh I dont have the money to fix it right now he said that he was going to pay for it to be fixed and I dont have to worry about paying him back!

This company has been awsome to all of its employees, and I am not the only one. They have already fixed 3 other employees vehicles and pay 100% of all of our benefits!

Woot! So I will be riding again sooner then I thought!

·
Now-G3Silver-
324 Posts
that's how the free market system is supposed to take care of its own. your boss is a dream boss today, and through out history.

but sweet for you man, enjoy

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, he has been awsome to every single employee here. I would love to get something like that for him.

Would love to hear ideas, he totally appreciates sentimental stuff like cards and what not.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Oh, he has been awsome to every single employee here. I would love to get something like that for him.

Would love to hear ideas, he totally appreciates sentimental stuff like cards and what not.
well how much do you know about him? is he a wiskey guy, wine guy? you could get him a nice bottle of scotch or wiskey(depending on his liking). Or if he smokes cigars get him a box of cigars too.

I would just find out what he likes, and make a little basket of appreciation, and of course a card with heartfelt message of your greatfulness

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I have been here since 08/02/07 or real close to that, but to be honest I have no idea what he likes. He comes and goes like the wind, were a small company and growing super fast so he is always gone on business trips.

I overheard he enjoys wine, but I wouldnt know the first thing about wine?

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
This company has been awsome to all of its employees, and I am not the only one. They have already fixed 3 other employees vehicles and pay 100% of all of our benefits!
Employee Assistance is a common pratice for most large company/firm... if you look at the big picture it's to the Employers benefit really; they use it to help manage issues that could adversely impact their workers personal lives, work relations, productivity, etc., etc., and is usually free to the employee ;)

Good benefit you got there my friend, enjoy!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
That's one cool boss. It definitely benefits him as much as it benefits you and your co-workers. You have said he treats everybody good, so morale at your place is good, so business is good and turnover is probably low. Turnover (training new employees) is very expensive. Better to treat the employees right and keep them, plus if something tough comes up the employees will be there to get the job done. Its a win-win. Too bad many bosses don't see it that way.

Back to the wine...do you at least know red or white? You can go to any good wine shop and tell them what you are looking to do and the employee with the purple teeth will be happy to point you in the right direction.

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Well I have been here since 08/02/07 or real close to that, but to be honest I have no idea what he likes. He comes and goes like the wind, were a small company and growing super fast so he is always gone on business trips.

Does he like red or white, or do you know if he likes beef, chicken, or fish? How much do you want to spend? I know of some good wines, I can help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts