Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh man this is frustrating. I'm helping a friend repair some stuff on his 91 legend and i can't get the passenger side headlight assembly out. I have to detach that side of the front bumper to do some stuff. I don't think i've ever encountered a headlight assembly so difficult to remove. Do you have to remove the cover to that bubble level thing? It seems it catches on that. Thanks for your help.

G

·
I haven't been able to figure this out either. How did you get the drivers side one off??? I was beginning to think that maybe you need to take off the whole front bumper!?!?!?! :confused:

·
Registered
223 Posts
As far as I know, the whole bumper has to come off. It sucks. As soon as I get a driver's side headlight assembly, I'll be doing the same thing. Anyone! Please correct me if I'm wrong! No really, I want to be wrong. :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
To take your headlight assembly

Hey Man to take your headlight assembly off....
it is really tricky you have some bolts that are hidden like you have to access it from the top between the radiator and tthe bumper and through the access hole under neathe the bumper
its a real pain if you ask me........... good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But do you still have to remove the bumper? I removed all 5 bolts by using similar method you described. And I still can’t get the headlight off. So I figure the bumper needs to be removed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hmmmmmmm

isnt that a real pain
ok i will tell you what i did....
I had to remove those 5 bolts and then work that light out of its place its a lot of work so my suggestion is to keep trying unless you feel that it would be easier to take the bumper offf
bye
Sonal

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just find it hard to believe a car manufacturer would design a car where the front bumper needs to be removed in order to remove the headlights. That engineer needs to be shot. A headlight should be considered a highly serviceable item and not take too much to remove.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I strongly agree with you on that turbotwo. I wanted to change my drivers side headlight since at times when i went to the car wash, water kinda leaked in and wanted to take it out and put in a new one, but when i found out that the front bumper had to be removed, i said forget it. It really sucks.

·
Registered
741 Posts
THis is an Oooooooold thread. There are lots of posts about removing the bumper. its held on by four bolts. two bolts behind the bumper turns and two behind either the fog light covers or the lower front grille. Keep searching for more details... and please, PLEASE let this old thread R.I.P. :sleeping:

·
Dont Catch
4,408 Posts
I am having the same issue with my 92 legend. how many bolts to take off the bumper? and if possible where are they located?
why didnt you post in the thread you already created about this?

so basically is 1 screw for the foglight covers

1 screw for the bumper lights (they located at the inside corner going vertically) you'll have to lay down to see it for the first time

then you have one bolt behind the bumper lights...

and one in the center section or air dam whatever you want to call it..

its the same on both sides...

it seems like a pain in the ass but once you've done it more than once or twice you'll get the hang of it and do it in probably 5 mins

1 - 14 of 14 Posts