Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off i would like to say his to everyone out there.

Ok my question is to anyone how can help me out in anyway. Well does anyone know how to hook up a amp to factory bose system. So far i have jus been messin around with the speaker wires to see if i could get anything from them at all. So if anyone could tell me or give me any info at all to help me install the amp i would thank them very much.:confused:

Right now all i can say is that i wish i didnt have a bose system. Adding audio equipment to my car would be so much easier if it were no there.

Tip.
To anybody thinking about getting a car and adding a very nice system to it, dont get a car that has a system like Bose already in it. It will give u nothing but a headache and it will also cause u to spend more money to upgrade ur system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
Remove the AMP and splice into the wires. I used the high level inputs on my AMP and just ran a power line to the back. You can get line converters if your amp does not have high level inputs.

The factory amp is located behind the back seat on the driver's side. The wiring diagram for the AMP can be found here .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,728 Posts
DaNyceLegend said:
First off i would like to say his to everyone out there.

Ok my question is to anyone how can help me out in anyway. Well does anyone know how to hook up a amp to factory bose system. So far i have jus been messin around with the speaker wires to see if i could get anything from them at all. So if anyone could tell me or give me any info at all to help me install the amp i would thank them very much.:confused:

Right now all i can say is that i wish i didnt have a bose system. Adding audio equipment to my car would be so much easier if it were no there.

Tip.
To anybody thinking about getting a car and adding a very nice system to it, dont get a car that has a system like Bose already in it. It will give u nothing but a headache and it will also cause u to spend more money to upgrade ur system.
So you have a LS/GS with the premium system? If so, yeah it's hard to upgrade that system. Nearly impossible. My advise to everyone who wants to upgrade the premium system is to tear all that bose Sh!t out and go for a new system.
I upgraded my premuim system last summer, so I know all the in's and out's of the system. I tried to upgraded one piece at a time and was somewhat sucessful, but I just didn't get the results I wanted, so I just redid everything went for a complete system swap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
Re: Re: How To Add An Amp To A Bose System

WhiteLegend said:


So you have a LS/GS with the premium system? If so, yeah it's hard to upgrade that system. Nearly impossible. My advise to everyone who wants to upgrade the premium system is to tear all that bose Sh!t out and go for a new system.
I upgraded my premuim system last summer, so I know all the in's and out's of the system. I tried to upgraded one piece at a time and was somewhat sucessful, but I just didn't get the results I wanted, so I just redid everything went for a complete system swap.
I was running my fosgate 4 channel amp and Pioneers with my stock Bose radio for a few months before I really upgraded my system. It worked just fine. It took me about an hour to replace the stock amp with my fosgate. I'm still using the high level inputs for it. I didn't have that wire diagram before so it should take even less time to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,728 Posts
Re: Re: Re: How To Add An Amp To A Bose System

Kurizma said:


I was running my fosgate 4 channel amp and Pioneers with my stock Bose radio for a few months before I really upgraded my system. It worked just fine. It took me about an hour to replace the stock amp with my fosgate. I'm still using the high level inputs for it. I didn't have that wire diagram before so it should take even less time to do.
Did you bypass the factory amp completely or did you use the speaker leads after the factory amp? The latter is a lot easier, I had to bypass the factory amp because my factory amp was fried, the signals coming from the headunit are unamped (low level signal) So the high level inputs on my Fosgate didn't work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
i basically replaced the factory amp with my new one. I cut the wires that were going to the amp from the stereo and hooked those up to the high inputs. Then i cut the wires that were going to the speakers from the factory amp and just hooked those up the new amp. I used the remote power cable that was already there on the factory amp and just wired a 4 guage wire from my battery back to a power block and split that into an 8 guage wire. Then i removed a bolt from the trunk, sanded it down to the bare metal and used that for the ground.

the inputs from the stereo worked just fine for me. I had my gain only about 1/4 of the way up on the amp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,728 Posts
Kurizma said:
i basically replaced the factory amp with my new one. I cut the wires that were going to the amp from the stereo and hooked those up to the high inputs. Then i cut the wires that were going to the speakers from the factory amp and just hooked those up the new amp. I used the remote power cable that was already there on the factory amp and just wired a 4 guage wire from my battery back to a power block and split that into an 8 guage wire. Then i removed a bolt from the trunk, sanded it down to the bare metal and used that for the ground.

the inputs from the stereo worked just fine for me. I had my gain only about 1/4 of the way up on the amp.
you described the same thing I did, but I could not get the input to the fosgate, I got really faint sound from the speakers when I did that. Then I changed my headunit to one that had RCA outputs, and everything was good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
t-Tap

thanks guys for all your help. But i have another quick question. Does anyone think it might be possible to use a T-Tap and tap into the spealer wires before they hit the amp and run it into the high end of my other amp. I might jus try this jus to see if it will work at all and if the result are good i will let u guys know.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
Re: t-Tap

DaNyceLegend said:
thanks guys for all your help. But i have another quick question. Does anyone think it might be possible to use a T-Tap and tap into the spealer wires before they hit the amp and run it into the high end of my other amp. I might jus try this jus to see if it will work at all and if the result are good i will let u guys know.:)
well, that is basically what whitelegend and i did. It worked for me but not for him...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
so....

so, if i were to upgrade to a non-bose amp, would i be better off

-plugging the head unit->boseamp wires into the hi level of the new amp

or

-plugging the boseamp->speaker wires into the hi level of the new amp?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
?

well i jave a ls 2100 and want to switch to a 2200 radio. i have new 4ohm speakers and a 3 channel kenwood amp............will it work??? im getting a new radio soon but want the 2200 b/c of eq
right no i have hardly any bass
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top