Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I broke 1 of my front studs because I over tightened a lug nut. How do I change the stud? any DIY for this? thanks...

Also where do I get the Acura OEM stud part number...

·
Registered
567 Posts
I did this before. The way I did this was easy but time consuming. You will have to take the rotor off, and just visually look and see what else might need to be moved(its been a while so there might be a couple of things to remove, but nothing major) I actually got the new studs and cut half of the back flat piece off, and you can get it back in there without messing around with the bearings. Then to pull it through all of the way, you just need some washers and a lug nut and put the washers on the stud and tighten the lug nut(without the wheel on) and it will pull the stud all the way through(make sure you do this all the way) Do that to each one and your ready put her back together. I can't go into full detail because its been a long while ago since I did it. It sounds like I rigged it, but it worked out great with alot of hard work cut out of the project. Sorry for not being more specific.

·
Blackend Motorsports
4,166 Posts
Ok - please don't do what ^^ said. Cutting part of a wheel stud is never a bright idea, let alone safe.

1. Take wheel off
2. Take caliper assembly off
3. Take rotor off
4. Take hub (axle) nut off
5. Remove hub from axle
6. Remove broken wheel studs with a punch in the center and a hammer - pound them out of the back
7. Insert new wheel stud from the back of the hub and use the flat end of an OEM lugnut against the hub face to draw the stud into the hub grooves (heating helps make this easier)
8. Put back together

·
Registered
567 Posts
Thats ^^ always the safest way. I had no clue at the time and just wanted it done so take Blackend's advice. I don't want anyone messing up and me getting sued.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts