Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently a bulb or connection behind the knob of the climate control of my '91LS is loose and causes the light to go on and off intermittently. How difficult is it to get at the location of the bulb ? Do I need to remove the entire dash or just the section with the climate control ?

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
Glen said:
Apparently a bulb or connection behind the knob of the climate control of my '91LS is loose and causes the light to go on and off intermittently.
Glen,
all needed infos about How To Remove Climate Control Panel you will find that here. At that time I have posted all infos you need, to get it fixed. Hope that helps. -Mike

Glen said:
How difficult is it to get at the location of the bulb ?
Don't worried about that. It's really no hard work to do that. Really simple, believe me. See my 1st link above. That link should contain all pics you need to get it replaced. -Mike

Glen said:
Do I need to remove the entire dash or just the section with the climate control ?
To get access of the AC Unit you need to remove the Air Vent Unit only. There is no other way to do that. It's no hard work, believe me! -Mike

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, MikeD. Great information. I may also be able to kill two birds with this information. Once in a while I get a buzzing sound from behind the climate control panel, especially in cold weather. It may be the fan that needs to be cleaned.

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
Glen said:
Thanks, MikeD. Great information. I may also be able to kill two birds with this information. Once in a while I get a buzzing sound from behind the climate control panel, especially in cold weather. It may be the fan that needs to be cleaned.
Yes, direct hit. That's the fan and should be cleaned after a long time period. -Mike

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Glen,
while you have the climate control out, I would replace all of the bulbs in there. They tend to go out when the unit is moved around and/or jostled, since they are probably the original bulbs. It happened to me when I only replaced one. When I put it back in, another one was burned out.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
smth_hckr said:
Glen,
while you have the climate control out, I would replace all of the bulbs in there. They tend to go out when the unit is moved around and/or jostled, since they are probably the original bulbs. It happened to me when I only replaced one. When I put it back in, another one was burned out.
Appreciate the heads up. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.