Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very interested in installing the 5 inch monster tach onto my car. Has anyone installed one into there G2 Legend yet?? The instruction says tap the green wire of the monster tach to the negative part of the igintion coil. Though on our car we have 6 individual ignition coil. Any information will help.

·
Registered
332 Posts
tap into the wires on the stock tachometer.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
which wire is the stock tachometer? there are three connectors behind the cluster. I think the middle connector wouldgo to the tachometer, but there are a bunch of wires going into the connsctor. Thanks for your help.

Jrock7791: nice set up man. Does your passanger airbag still work with the monitor hooked up there??? which wire did you tap your tach into?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HAs anyone else installed a tachometer in their G2 Legend?? Which wire of the stock tach do we tap into? Any detailed description would be useful.

·
Registered
722 Posts
There is a specified color wire under the hood near the fuse box...but because I have a JDM I'm not sure we have the same colors, mainly because I have already seen about seven different color changes from that of the U.S. models. Check with a dealer they will point it out no problem.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks Jrock. you have been very helpful. and again. nice ride man. So we don't have to open up our guage cluster, but just tap into the stock tachometer wire located near the fuse box? cool.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is it the TPS ( throttle position sensor) we have to tap into. That site that you gave says you tap the zex nitrous to the tps sensor. would that be the same?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.