Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bit of a problem. Since I just got a brand new bumper (thanks to the hottie that hit me :) ) the body shop did not put any holes in the bumper for me to put my license plate on since they saw I did not have one there originally. Do any of you guys know of a way to put the license plate on the fender either by a clip or something so no holes have to be drilled???

I love the way it looks all smooth without any holes and I really don't want to put holes in the bumper. I just want to be able to safely park on the street sometimes without fear of getting a $50 parking ticket every couple of hours for not having a front license plate.

Do you all know of any way that is not permanent and won't fall off??? I have seen some people have their plates on the fender instead of the bumper....how is that done?

·
Registered
191 Posts
What I did is took a wire hanger and made two hooks that I attached to the license plate and whenenver I need my plate on, I just hang the hooks on the top one of those two bars that go horizontally across the bumper at the bottom (right below where the plate should actually be mounted). It doesn't look all that clean, but at least I can take it off whenever I wanna show the car off.

-GR

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
The factory bracket mounts by two bolts actually under the front face of the bumper. No holes are drilled into the bumper face for this, and the bolt holes should already be there.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks GenIILegend.

LegendGS? What do you mean there are already bolt holes under the front face of the bumper? The only holes I know of were in the previous bumper in the center of it for the plates. The new bumper I got has no holes and a completely smooth surface. Do you mean under the bumper in the fender?

I'd like to keep the bumper the way it is and post it on the fender....GenIILegend's idea sounds good...are there any clips made for this purpose to be put onto the fender? Any other ideas? I think I may try getting a couple of those clips that you use to hold wires together and try that out.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
This refers to the sedans, but the coupes should be the same too (not sure which you have). The OEM front license plate bracket is somewhat "L" shaped with the vertical side of the "L" facing forward for the mounting of the license plate, and the lower horizontal side of the bracket for mounting to the under side of the bumper.

Not sure if this paints a clear enough picture, but here's a quick sketch I made to explain:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ahh, now i understand....took me a second to understand the diagram :) but i got it now, and yes i do have a sedan. thanks for the info and i will check it out tonight to make sure i have these holes in the underside of the bumper.

i don't have a bracket for the front license plate but that should not be difficult or expensive to get from the dealer.

And I must say...Nice Diagram! :) Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts