Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can find instructions on how to relocate the battery to the trunk of my 92 Sedan?

I know that some places sell Battery Relocation Kits (run about $90), but should I buy them or just go and get everything separate?

Thanks a lot,

Gil.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Battery in trunk for ....

I need more room in the engine bay .... :D my little secret ... hehe

I'll keep ya'll updated on it!

Can you help me out with relocating battery?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
safest thing to do is get the kit but i mean if u can just run the connectors that go onto the batery to the trunk it could easily be done. I had to wire my system and cd changer and you could definately do it. Trying to fit a superchager in there? ha u better keep me updated. Get the kit its the safest

·
Registered
139 Posts
It shouldn't be that hard at all. I just relocated my friend's battery to his trunk. He has a 90 Celica and we just got about 20 ft of power cable, 2 feet of ground cable, a battery box, two new terminal ends, a four guage butt connector, and a screw on ring terminal. The hardest part of the whole thing was figuring out where to run the wire through the fire wall. If you want details on how to do it and all the specific parts we used and where to get them just let me know.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fun92 you have mail.

Leon, I'll hook up wit you tomorrow.

Also fellas, where would be the best place to mount the Battery in the trunk? I know that moving the battery to the trunk helps out with weight distribution, but would it be better off on the driver's side, passenger side or in the middle behind the back seat? I think I read something about the driver's side rear being lower the passenger side, so would it better to mount on the passenger side of the trunk in this case?

Thanks,

Gil.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I would suggest you try to locate a kit. The cable is expensive, even if you procure from an electrical supplier.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Gil, you have mail. It's a bit long but I think I explained everything I did. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

·
:)
436 Posts
I did this awhile back to make room for my ignition, it wan't too hard. All you have to do is get a battery relocation kit and have about a half day of free time. Take out your battery and set it aside, then you have to fine a rout, I ran it under the heat shield for the exahust. Run it on the drivers side of the engine bay and keep it away form the headers, mine came loose once and melted on the headers and shorted out the car :( Take out the thing in the trunk on the pasenger side, it's like a litle tub for something and then drill the holes for the cabels. That's about it, mount the box and conect the cable to the factory cable, then conect the negative cable to the frame or any other good chase ground. There you have it a bettery in the trunk.

·
Registered
398 Posts
ignition??`

PJSLegend.... i gotta ask, so how does the ignition do you?? does it help with hp gains or a better idle or something?? i have always thought about what would happen if i added an MSD ignition to my 91 sedan, but never really was sure of what the outcome would be... could ya let me know... thanks

·
:)
436 Posts
It didn't give much gains just off the bat, maby about 2hp but I realy got it for the stronger spark when I use my NOS. I also got it because I have been planing a supercharger for a while and would like to be ready when I put it in. I have the option to retard the timeing in RPM incriments so I can run more boost without detination. If you get a fuel controler with intake and exahust you will see some more gains because you can make the mix a bit more rich and still have spark to ignite it all. I hope this helps, it took a while to install because you have to wire up all of the coils but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

·
Registered
248 Posts
You DONT want to try and rewire all those little wires going to the fusebox and put it in the back.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts