Acura Legend Forum banner
101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the info on this Cap! Been having this speedo/odo/d4 flashing issue for about 6 months now. About 4 months ago, had my brother (the family mechanic) change out the speed sensor based on what I read on a few other sites. Well, not knowing much about cars, I trusted he changed the right sensor. Needless to say, I was disappointed when I found out the fix didn't work. :wtf:

My wife drives her Legend about once every 2 weeks and just uses a GPS for speedo information, so I haven't made time till recently to do more research. Well, after finding this site and sending my brother a link to this post, we've now confirmed that he changed out the wrong sensor!! :rofl: Apparently he changed out some sensor disk on the driver's side of the engine. Anyway, I have the OEM VSS kit on order via ebay for THE CORRECT sensor. I'll post my results in about a week or so after we finish the work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
... Anyway, I have the OEM VSS kit on order via ebay for THE CORRECT sensor. I'll post my results in about a week or so after we finish the work.
Replacement was flawless. Took about 1 1/2 hours mostly because I took time to take out the whole assembly, cleaned it thoroughly, and cleaned the corresponding area under the car. TAMPER FREE #20 torx and Phillips Head #2 are a must! Before the speedo/odo would crap out after 5-10 minutes of city driving. Since replacement, absolutely NO issues with speedo or odo. Thanks again for the great info everyone!:woot:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just replaced mine yesterday with a replacement from pullapart. I couldn't get the 3 phillips bolts loose so I just replace the whole VSS unit. It leaked probably 2/3-3/4 of my power steering fluid out in the 5 minutes I had the hoses disconnected. Kinda weird that power steering flows thru there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
bought a jack stand setup. i couldn't wait to fix it so i did it last night at 7:30 and it about a couple hours. as it got dark i remember i had an led lantern. i used that to finish in the dark. thanks for all the info everybody. i haven't had a working speedometer in over a year and a half probably.

oh and where are the proper places to jack up the car and place the jack stands?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jack it up on the metal piece running parallel with you radiator, and support the vehicle right behind the front wheels, you'll see a thicker portion that is design to to handle the weight.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Im still tryin to get my money together to fix my speedometer. for now im using a virtual speedometer on my HTC EVO.. lol.. works really good..maybe like 1 or 2 mph off from actual speed. =)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is this all I need?

Hi guys. I finally have to sell my beloved 95 GS. So I need to fix the bad VSS. I ordered the part number everyone references from Acura of Augusta. I am not very knowledgeable on the Acura parts, and what I received in the mail was less than I expected after seeing the DIY pictures. I don't have enough posts to allow me to post a picture of the kit I received. But basically it is just an 6-8 inch black cable with electronics on the ends, a few screws and some rubber gaskets. Does that sound right?

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Hi guys. I finally have to sell my beloved 95 GS. So I need to fix the bad VSS. I ordered the part number everyone references from Acura of Augusta. I am not very knowledgeable on the Acura parts, and what I received in the mail was less than I expected after seeing the DIY pictures. I don't have enough posts to allow me to post a picture of the kit I received. But basically it is just an 6-8 inch black cable with electronics on the ends, a few screws and some rubber gaskets. Does that sound right?
You could have gotten the same part from Acura Carland up in Duluth for the same price. That's what I did.

If you are unsure of the installation, send me a PM. My mechanic is located in Duluth off Buford Highway north of Pleasant Hill Road.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sorry if this sounds dumb, I'm not the most mechanically inclined but how do you replace the o-ring on the shaft part? Do I have to separate the shaft part somehow? Is it even necessary to change it? Thanks again for any help.

101 - 120 of 144 Posts