Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would this be a good set of general instructions on how-to reset the Factory ECU in our cars?

. Let car idle untill warm.

2. Turn car off and pull ECU fuse in engine compartment fuse box.(This usally is a 15amp fuse EF/I)

3. Leave the fuse out for 5 to 10 min.

4. Place fuse back.

5. Start the car. DO NOT TOUCH THE GAS!!!!

6. Let the car idle for 5 to 10 min. DO NOT TOUCH THE GAS!!!!

7. Turn the car off. Restart the car

8. Take the car for test drive( if no change repeat using longer times).

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
You don't need to wait 5 - 10 minutes, 1 minute will do.

After putting the chip back in though the ECU will learn some of your driving habits and if you want it to be more agressive with your automatic tranny get in there and drive her hard for a good 10 minutes.

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
just disconnect the battery for 10 to 15 minutes. I do this every 3 to 4 months and I notice the car runs a little better. Dont risk damaging the chip by pulling it out.

Oh, make sure you have you radio code on hand.

my opinion;)

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
true

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
NickD said:
You don't need to wait 5 - 10 minutes, 1 minute will do.

After putting the chip back in though the ECU will learn some of your driving habits and if you want it to be more agressive with your automatic tranny get in there and drive her hard for a good 10 minutes.
they ecu habe a ability to learn your drving techniques?? what does it learn? and what does it change depending on how u drive?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hesitation at speed

Hiya everyone...i know this is an old as hell thread..but its worth a shot..

Have a 93 Legend..160k miles and its got a hesitation when accelerating but not from dead stop..seems only to happen when im accelerating while already at a constant speed..

It rarely throws a code, but when it did it was a 44..and when the engine is shut off, the CEL goes off with it

Ive replaced fuel filter, O2 sensors and reset the ECU, and have run a couple tanks with sea foam through it, but still its doing it. What would be a good next step to diagnose/fix

1 - 9 of 9 Posts