Acura Legend Forum banner

how to use cruise control?

11K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  smth_hckr 
#1 ·
sorry for all the dumb questions but i dont have a manual
onto cruise control!
(no engine tuning, my engine rune great)

i press the cruise control button next to the sunroof controls
then i press the set button on the steering wheel
a cruise control light lights up but the car does not keep up speed

thanks a bunch and sorry for all the newb question
im really excited that i got my legend

#2 ·
if the light on the dash button is on, and the Set doesn't do anything - then you have a problem. Maybe the VSS??, I'm no expert, but it should work. Mine had a similar problem after an accident, the dealer replaced something, but that was 5 years ago and I have no recollection of exactly what they replaced.

Smitty

#3 ·
In my dad's car, a 96 Accord LX, after tapping the set button, the car would slow down 5 or so MPH before catching, and sometimes you would have to speed it back up to get it to the speed you were originally trying for.

How the cruise should work:

Enable the master switch next to the sunroof.

Tap the SET/DECEL button to set the cruise. The light in the gauge cluster should come on.

You should then be able to speed up or slow down by holding the DECEL or ACCEL buttons.

You can cancel cruise by hitting CANCEL, or pressing the break or clutch pedal. You can then use the RESUME/ACCEL button to resume cruise control at your previous speed.

You can also cancel the cruise by hitting the master switch, but your previous cruise speed will be erased (you'll have to turn the master switch back on and set it again).

#6 ·
I just realized what I said in my previous post and what you originally said - your Cruise Control light in the gauge cluster comes on when you press the SET button, which means you are going at least 25mph. So, it is detecting the movement/speed of the vehicle.
Did you check the cruise control module in the engine compartment to make sure nothing is disconnected?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.