Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JL W3 that I am going to be putting in a Bandpass enclosure. My question is how do I want to wire this up. I had it in a sealed box before that a shop wired up and installed with bridged 2 channel amp.? Should I wire it the same way?
FYI: I will be installing it with a SoundStream 705s 5 channel amp.

Thanks,
-Will-

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
this is just a suggestion,
if you want hard punding street bass, i would use the bandpass box. if you want solid SQ bass, keep the sealed box.

since it's dual 4 ohm, you have 2 options.
1. wire each Voice coil in parallel and the subs in parallel. this will give you a 1 ohm load.
2. wire each VC in series and the subs in parallel. this will give you a 4 ohm load.

these would be my choices.

-j

·
Registered
722 Posts
I would go up instead of down...I'm changing out my PPI's PRO's(because I fried two voice coils) and putting in 4 JL 10w3D4's...any way everytime you bring down an ohm load you put tremendous more strain on your amp and you increase distortion...on the other hand bring up the ohms is less power but decreased strain and distortion. If your not running a Class A amp it would be best to stay at 4 ohm or go up to 8..mine will be run at 8 and I go to competition like that. All the shops around here that compete against us only go to 2 or 1 ohm for SPL competitions.....Hope this helped...and I agree with Jae sealed is the shiz. But you need the power behind so a good amp is in order to decently power JL's baby howitzer!! (I have to 2 ORION XTR 2250's running my subs)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.