Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post of hopefully many. In 1989 I was with my grandfather when he test drove and bought a new 1989 4-door Legend L. I forget the exact colour name, but it is dark brown-bronze with tan cloth interior. Since then it has seen many LOF's and only 130,000km. The body and interior are mint, stored inside since new.

He recently passed away with explicit instructions for my oldest son to inherit the car. I recently drove it for the first time in years. Side covers leak, ruined O2 sensors. Needs upper rear control arms. Timing belt long overdue. But, it is absolutely gorgeous and only needs mechanical fixing to be a musuem piece.

Not sure when we can make arrangements to get it here. I have two years for my son and I to get it right before he drives, so no real hurry. Once here, will post pictures. You can't believe how clean this Legend is. :)

·
7,284 Posts
Welcome to the forum and sorry for your lost. This is a great way for you and your son to bond. (restoring the call)

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We will help you get the Legend running right again.:yes:

·
TopGear Fanatic
1,614 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum. You have a Tuscany Taupe Metallic paint code, same as my '90. The issues with your Legend are easily taken care of, and beyond that you should have a comfortable, reliable car for years to come.

Most of those parts are fairly inexpensive, and easy to obtain:

- Felpro side gaskets, I have a new set if you need them
- NGK O2 sensor, should be plug-and-play
- control arms can be purchased from RockAuto or eBay, whichever is less expensive
- would have a shop do the timing belt, unless you are quite mechanically proficient (have them change out the water pump at the same time!)

Looking forward to pics!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, welcome to the forum. You have a Tuscany Taupe Metallic paint code, same as my '90. The issues with your Legend are easily taken care of, and beyond that you should have a comfortable, reliable car for years to come.

Most of those parts are fairly inexpensive, and easy to obtain:

- Felpro side gaskets, I have a new set if you need them
- NGK O2 sensor, should be plug-and-play
- control arms can be purchased from RockAuto or eBay, whichever is less expensive
- would have a shop do the timing belt, unless you are quite mechanically proficient (have them change out the water pump at the same time!)

Looking forward to pics!
Thanks, was sure it was called that.
For the parts, I have access to OEM grade aftermarket parts.
In my garage I have a small air compressor and some air tools, and lots of hand tools. I will do the t-belt myself, new pump and idler as well. I have done the rear upper arms on an Accord before, pretty straight forward.

·
Fut RIP
10,147 Posts
welcome to our family

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yay..the car will be here in a week and a half. Can't wait for it to get here and start refreshing it. Been on youtube watching old vids. I was with gramps the day he test drove and bought it, was approx. $36K taxes in iirc. Pics in 10 days or so.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry but still trying to figure out how to post an actual pic. These two are my dad showing my son his new to him Legend. I will take soe pics once it is cleaned up and shows better. I took my son for a drive in it tonight and explained it was his in three years. Words can't describe how exciting this is.

·
TopGear Fanatic
1,614 Posts
As a rule, the powers that be would rather that your initial 15 posts be of a more constructive nature, but your enthusiasm and excitement is understandable! I would be like a kid in a candy store, myself.

For posting pictures, just use the

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As a rule, the powers that be would rather that your initial 15 posts be of a more constructive nature, but your enthusiasm and excitement is understandable! I would be like a kid in a candy store, myself.

For posting pictures, just use the tags, or use the picture button above the post box instead of the link button . . . but pictures cannot be posted in the Introduction section. Use the Gallery section, and your pics there will show up.[/quote]

Thanks, new there was insider info. Hopefully around here for a long time. The car is truly beautiful shape, just need the rain to stop and a few hours of cleaning.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts