Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the wheel hub sizes the same for the CL type S and the g2 Legend? I have gotten crossed information and need to know. Someone said the cl is 64mm and the Legend is 70.1mm, but I haven't been able to prove it. please help! thanks!!

this site has the cl 96-on but it is the 4-bolt model

hub sizing site, no type S

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
that person is right. the rims will not fit. we have both cars. i tried to put the type-s rims on my coupe. didn't werk. you'll need to bore out the center to the 70+mm that the legend requires.

-j

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Yup it won't fit, all the newer hondas and acuras use the 64mm hub. Our legend uses 70mm. If you get the CL-s rims, just bore the center hole out to 70.1mm you need the .1 as clearance. I know, I've had it done before. Cost about $100-$200 depends on where you live

·
Registered
580 Posts
Bringing back a beaten to death subject on Hub Size

Gang,
I need your best call on this

On non specific Rims that fit the Legend but require
Hubs to be bored out to 70.1mm
Question is...

If you going to have the wheels chromed will the
70.1mm still do well.

I have had GS STock rims chromed and NSX rims chromed with the 70.0mm and they fit the Legend hub snug.

So if Im doing this again with a 2004 model rim, will
the 70.0mm suffice or 70.1 or go to 70.2mm????

Im dropping them off to the machine shop possibly this
week, so as I can get this done before sending them out to
be chromed.

Please respond

Thanks, James S

·
Registered
671 Posts
Re: Bringing back a beaten to death subject on Hub Size

James S said:
Gang,
I need your best call on this

On non specific Rims that fit the Legend but require
Hubs to be bored out to 70.1mm
Question is...

If you going to have the wheels chromed will the
70.1mm still do well.

I have had GS STock rims chromed and NSX rims chromed with the 70.0mm and they fit the Legend hub snug.

So if Im doing this again with a 2004 model rim, will
the 70.0mm suffice or 70.1 or go to 70.2mm????

Im dropping them off to the machine shop possibly this
week, so as I can get this done before sending them out to
be chromed.

Please respond

Thanks, James S
james - i had to get mine bored out twice : ( the first time, i had them bored out to 70.1, and i couldn't get the wheels on (though, in retrospect, the hubs were a little rusted, and i could maybe have gotten them to fit if i had taken a wire brush to the hubs to get rid of the rust). when i first took the wheels to the machine shop, i just told them the dimensions i wanted. the second time, i took my car and they took measurements. the measurements were 70.2mm in diameter, and .5 inches in depth. i hope this helps...

wally

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Between 70.1 and 70.2 is obvisouly dependent on your cars hub itself. Originally it probably should be 70.03 like many of the hub centric aftermarket rings, however, over time rust or dirt can sweal the hub just enough where it no longer fits. I was fortunate enough where the 70.1 fit over my 93 Coupes hubs with no problems at all. I don't think anyone of us can really give you a suggestion because we don't know what really will fit over your hub. If you go too large it defeats the purpose of a hub centric rim so it is a tough call.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Ok, well, I will go with the OEM size and than get them chromed
because that is what I did in the past with the GS rims and they fit fine

Reason I want to bore before chrome is so that the machinest does not have to worry
about scratching the rims or if any inadvertant damage that may occur during that process
which the chroming process easily masks.

Also, when they chrome they chrome most of the rim, and try to keep it not even hairline thin around the bead areas and the hub. But I still want the rim fully sealed with the nickel plating in those areas.

I will just bring one GS rim and the rest of the rims Im getting bored out to the shop and they can make the call.

Better smaller than larger, since I can always go back and go another .05mm or so for snug fit.

Thanks, James

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Another OEM rim option that will fit perfect on the Legend is the NSX front 17" 02+ rims. For those who don't know, in 2002 the NSX went to a 17 front and 17 rear instead of the staggard 16/17. The front of the NSX uses a 70mm hub just like the Legend. If you like the 17" 02 NSX rim look that is a plug and play option. The only down side is that you could virtually buy a set of HRE rims for the price of 4 front NSX rims:eek: The NSX rims are really light and compltely forged allow though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts