Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get to my wiring behind the rear seat, and I cannot get the back seat out. I can get the one clip out on the left, but the right side does not want to lift. What is my problem there?

Also, once I get the bottom out, how do I remove the back (where are the bolts)?

Thanx if you can help...:)

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,216 Posts
Did you try pulling out on the tab to free the clip? If so, grab a hold of the bottom of the seat and try pulling up on it. The clip should come free. Then you just pull the seat bottom out. To get the back of the seat out, you'll have to remove the 4 bolts that run along the bottom. 2 of them secure the U-shaped brackets and the other 2 are just medial to these. The top of the seat is just held in by a bunch of tabs so pull up on the seat to free it and you should be good to go.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I don't know if the coupes have this but on the sedans, you have to remove the headrest and there are two holes there and there are two scres there, one on the left and one on the right and then you can pull the seat up and out.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx guys... I just had to use a little muscle to get the one clip off, and the top left clip for the back seat was the biggest pain in the arse ever... took me about 25 minutes of back and forth to get the stupid thing out.

Anyways, I redid all the wiring that the previous installer had butchered. He had Front Bose speakers and rear kicker speakers on one channel (2ohm and 4 ohm.... = bad) and the same on the other side. Those channels were mixed up left to right and right to left and blah blah blah... but now I have tunes....WOO HOOO:) :) :cool: ;) :D :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts