Acura-legend.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
basically Im helping Telion produce his new 3.5 chipp for all owners of the 3.5 here is todays dyno. first dyno being stock, second dyno being spoon type 1 next week will be telions c35s chipp dyno as well as his telion 3.5 aluminum pulley.heres dynos the first one is stock and second one is spoon

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Numbers look good

·
Just Another Guy
555 Posts
Looks good. Is this the 3.5 unchanged from your last track run? Your using the T2 IM, highflow, headers?

-Ed

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Looks promising. What sort of dyno is a dynomite? What is the actual Tq peak?
You should have the dynos all overlayed for better comparissions.

Tha A/F is crap, lots of power lost because its running way to rich.

Look forward to see the next set of dyno's

~Dv8

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol telion! modds done to the stock 3.5 is type 2 intake mf,sr79labrat pullies, ebay fpr, worlds crapest y pipe made with auto zone flex pipe, egr block plate, intake thats all

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks dv8 hopefully i can make just as much as you or more with the telion chip and his pulley

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is on a land and sea dyno which hours of research shows to be the most accurate of all dynos?

·
Type II King
1,230 Posts
lol telion! modds done to the stock 3.5 is type 2 intake mf,sr79labrat pullies, ebay fpr, worlds crapest y pipe made with auto zone flex pipe, egr block plate, intake thats all
the web cams arent in there??? those numbers are pretty high for just the stuff you listed. What kind of dyno is that anyways?

edit: you beat me to it

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no web cams at all i swear lol thats why im doing another gb

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
High N/A HP dynos are all yours or anyone else's for that matter. I dont have anymore money to throw at marginal gains.

If theres no cams in there then the Land and sea dyno just lost its credibility. Find a dynojet or do another dyno with cams.

~Dv8

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so your saying there is no way my car put down these numbers? with out cams ?

·
Type II King
1,230 Posts
High N/A HP dynos are all yours or anyone else's for that matter. I dont have anyomre money to throw at marginal gains.

If theres no cams in there then the Land and sea dyno just lost its credibility. Find a dynojet or do another dyno with cams.

~Dv8
i agree

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
besides the point i live less then 5 minuets from a dyno jet and the land and sea the reason i choose land and sea was that it was shown to put lower numbers up then the dyno jet but to be more accurate im going for accuracy not super high inefficient numbers?

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
Wow this thread is really going somewhere :rolleyes:

EDIT: I say let the kid do his thing...then when he's done there will be plenty of time to either praise or pick it apart...

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
^ & ^^I will agree to that point(s). We did discuss going with one dyno vs another for the purpose of his putting numbers on the board, but came to the conclusion of that not being the true purpose of doing the dyons, as much as wanting to see accurate marginal differences to see what the 3.5 prefers. The only thing I am confused about is why the variation from torque to hp resembles a TI when Diaz's car was alot more torquey. Which led me to believe that this would be the case with the 3.5 all around in terms of a closer balance of torque to hp. < I hope all that made since.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
besides the point i live less then 5 minuets from a dyno jet and the land and sea the reason i choose land and sea was that it was shown to put lower numbers up then the dyno jet but to be more accurate im going for accuracy not super high inefficient numbers?
If the majority of Legends measured on this forum are on dynojets, then why not stick to the original form of measurement?
If we all did land and sea dyno's here then there wouldnt be a problem, however thats not the case. Eric got shit for his dynapak, thegodfather got hella shit for his non dynojet too. Stick with what we know-if you can. Which you previously stated, you can.

A 3.5 engine without cams would normally show much more TQ and much less
HP, thats what we know.

You want high inefficient numbers then use a dynapak.

~Dv8

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
^ & ^^I will agree to that point(s). We did discuss going with one dyno vs another for the purpose of his putting numbers on the board, but came to the conclusion of that not being the true purpose of doing the dyons, as much as wanting to see accurate marginal differences to see what the 3.5 prefers. The only thing I am confused about is why the variation from torque to hp resembles a TI when Diaz's car was alot more torquey. Which led me to believe that this would be the case with the 3.5 all around in terms of a closer balance of torque to hp. < I hope all that made since.
Dynojet graphs lead the pack here, whether its to baseline or test parts, all dynos are the same in those respects.
We can get into a fist fight arguing which dyno is all around better. Best practice is to find a dyno and stick to it. This Forum has stuck to dynojet since whoever did the first Legend dyno back in the 90's thats why I chose it to remain consistant.

~Dv8

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Tq peak looks to be 215 or 216.

Dynojet graphs lead the pack here, whether its to baseline or test parts, all dynos are the same in those respects.
We can get into a fist fight arguing which dyno is all around better. Best practice is to find a dyno and stick to it. This Forum has stuck to dynojet since whoever did the first Legend dyno back in the 90's thats why I chose it to remain consistant.

~Dv8
Ah, I've always wondered why Dynojet was the forum's standard; and now I know.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
In terms of putting up numbers for a consistancy comparison amoungst other Legends and their mods I could not agree more wit you DV8, and since hybirds forum pride may prevent him from saying so but initially he wasn't going to put the numbers up at all. I told him "why not, those are some good numbers so you might as well." Now when it comes time for teh N/A 300hp 3.2 yes I too wanna see Dynojet numbers.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
In terms of putting up numbers for a consistancy comparison amoungst other Legends and their mods I could not agree more wit you DV8, and since hybirds forum pride may prevent him from saying so but initially he wasn't going to put the numbers up at all. I told him "why not, those are some good numbers so you might as well." Now when it comes time for teh N/A 300hp 3.2 yes I too wanna see Dynojet numbers.
They are good numbers, by dynojet standards with cams.

No cams, no dynojet= fishy

~Dv8

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.