Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a G2 motor bolt up to G1 auto trans?
If so, Ecu, and what else is needed?

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Whoa Daddy!

If it can be done..you will need
motor mounts
torch
lots of creativity
ECU
tranny
tranny mounts
exhaust system (complete)
radiator (of some sort)
creativity and time
and probably the whole front end (underpinnings to handle the weight of the tranny/motor - remember it is longitudinal)
wiring harnesses
matter of fact, the whole setup in the G2...(not the cosmetic stuff, just the electrical...lot s of harnesses, relays, etc.)

I know people may come on here and flame you, but it may be what you want to do with your car. It will definitely haul some serious arse if it can be done

I commend you for tackling such an arduous task.... you would be the man for sure

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Hybrid Interchange

RICDOGG said:

you'll need an old priest & a young priest
Turd! I say... :D

Was mostly concerned with bolting up to g1 trans. Would be worth it then, but not with a complete undercarriage rework. If I was gonna do that much, I'd fab up twin turbos.

And I have lotsa tools and lotsa time (+ a little know how :D )... and not much life :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yea you are on the same page as me. Once my engine goes, i have been trying to figure out how to keep the body. I have talked to my machnic about it. First i said like a H22 prelude engine but the trans is on the opposite side. So then i said what about a new legend engine. I would have to get a new trans and ecu, he said that it would run about 3G. not to bad but he siad for me jsut to get a new G1 engine and then get him to do a custom turbo. 2G, so thats what im doing, but good idea.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Heads and intake on the C27 and C32 do not interchange which means you'll have a b*tch of a time fitting the G2 engine. However the C30A1 and C32A4 ( NSX engines ) use the same motor mounts, oil pain, etc etc so they fit with a little hood clearance.. if you can find one cheap enuf.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Hybrid Interchange

Bukowski=Legend said:

Turd! I say... :D

Was mostly concerned with bolting up to g1 trans. Would be worth it then, but not with a complete undercarriage rework. If I was gonna do that much, I'd fab up twin turbos.

And I have lotsa tools and lotsa time (+ a little know how :D )... and not much life :D
lot of carriage rework.....the G1 tranny and G2 tranny are like apples and oranges...I'd go for a tranverse mounted motor...such as a TL-S....either way, you're talking $$$$$, but at least that system is one pice....wait, those guys have tranny probs...damn, maybe NSX is the way to go

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Anything is possible. All it takes is $$$$

1 - 10 of 10 Posts