Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to but I am not sure if I'm going to. If I am 100% certain that I won't **** it up then I will. I have lots of patience to!
First off I was involved in a minor accident about 1 month ago and I slightly bent my front left fender(my fault!:mad: ) and my right rear door is beginning to peel(not sure why but I think the previous owner wasn't as good about washing as I am) The rest of the car is immac!!! How hard is it to prep my own body and turning it in and having them paint it???I want to do it so I can insure myself that the paint will stick when they paint and it won't peel 2 months later. Does it matter what kind of primer I use? Will the kind of primer I use effect the outcome. Will primering with spray paint rather than "the gun" make a difference?? If a gun is needed for primering I will just let the body shop deal with it. Any input or suggestions or am I just paranoid about letting somebody else touch my Legend???

·
Registered
120 Posts
Legend"11 said:
I want to but I am not sure if I'm going to. If I am 100% certain that I won't **** it up then I will. I have lots of patience to!
First off I was involved in a minor accident about 1 month ago and I slightly bent my front left fender(my fault!:mad: ) and my right rear door is beginning to peel(not sure why but I think the previous owner wasn't as good about washing as I am) The rest of the car is immac!!! How hard is it to prep my own body and turning it in and having them paint it???I want to do it so I can insure myself that the paint will stick when they paint and it won't peel 2 months later. Does it matter what kind of primer I use? Will the kind of primer I use effect the outcome. Will primering with spray paint rather than "the gun" make a difference?? If a gun is needed for primering I will just let the body shop deal with it. Any input or suggestions or am I just paranoid about letting somebody else touch my Legend???
I know this doesn't answer your question, but I'd like to make a suggestion. You may want to take the car to a reputable body shop and ask them for a quote on respraying your door and fender and blending. Also, they should be able to tell whether the door that is peeling has been sprayed since the factory paint
job (good reason why it's peeling and the rest of the paint is in good shape).

G

·
I'm gonna do this too, cause I have auto body class at school... I'm not sure but I may also spray it myself, it would be my first time so I'm gonna have to buy some extra paint so that I can practice on something else as well. Painting is expensive :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts