Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my cd changer that I bought from ebay. When I went to connect it to the wire in the trunk, there was a BIG PROBLEM. the wire that sticks out from the cd changer itself, is a female side(no pins sticking out) and the wire coming out of my trunk is also FEMALE SIDE, so they wont connect together. Im so down right now, I was looking forward to getting it all last week and part of this one and bam, its the wrong one. The changer was taken out of a 94 Type II, and I have a 91 LS Coupe. What can I do, is there some kind of connector I can buy from radio shack or something? like a double sided male that fits into both? Please hlep.

· 805 YO
459 Posts
The first place i would go is take the changer to Radioshack and see if the have an adapter.

· I like shiny
14,445 Posts
The first question is: What CD Changer did you buy?

OEM Changer, if so, then there is something wrong or you are looking at the wrong cable. The cables for the optional cell phone are in that area as well.

Alpine Changer? Did you buy one with the CHM prefix? EX: CHM-s620? If you bought an alpine changer you'll need the ACULP adapter to make the changer work.

You can't just buy any changer and throw it in there.

Just re-read and it was taken from a 94, still need to know what kind it is. Maybe they had an FM modulated changer in their Legend.

· Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i posted a link, its a USA Spec SCD-A88i. hotstartup please help, i checked Audio Express, Radioshack, best buy, Circut city, all those, and none had anything. Only one place said they can PROBABLY find one and order it. startup u said there are two pins in the back? U mean two wires? Please explain that more to me i beg u.

· I like shiny
14,445 Posts
62sounin said:
i posted a link, its a USA Spec SCD-A88i. hotstartup please help, i checked Audio Express, Radioshack, best buy, Circut city, all those, and none had anything. Only one place said they can PROBABLY find one and order it. startup u said there are two pins in the back? U mean two wires? Please explain that more to me i beg u.
USA SCE-A88I?

That's not going to plug into the OEM wiring, unless that's some OEM model number I don't know of.

The only Changers that will work with the OEM wiring are OEM changers and any Alpine changer with a CHM as a prefix in the model number. EX CHM-S620.

The cables for the optional cell phone are in that area as well.
Also, you might think you posted a link, but you didn't.

· Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cables for optional cell phones? When I took out that basket where it should sit, there was a wrapped wire in there like when u get a brand new plug of some sort, when I took it out its head looked like it would take 8 needle like pins, I checked more and found no other loose wires.

· I like shiny
14,445 Posts
62sounin said:
Cables for optional cell phones? When I took out that basket where it should sit, there was a wrapped wire in there like when u get a brand new plug of some sort, when I took it out its head looked like it would take 8 needle like pins, I checked more and found no other loose wires.
I don't know what to tell you. Hopefully someone has some pics of both to help you identify what you are plugging into, but again, that changer, as far as I know, wont work, even with the correct plug.

· I like shiny
14,445 Posts

· I like shiny
14,445 Posts
62sounin said:
On my old legend, it already came with a cd changer, but It only had the Honda "H" Logos on it and it worked fine.
Yeah, maybe it was an OEM changer that came out of a 94 Legend, but was in another Acura to begin with. We need someone with more pics to post to clarify this.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.