Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally changed the carpet inside of my 93 LS sedan because there was a big cut on the passenger side carpet when some punk a$$ theives broke into my car. I must say that it was pretty easty to do but the hardest part for me was taking everything out of the car and althought I was kinda limited on time, I did work until about 8:30 at night with very little light. That was a job that I wouldn't mind doing again but it would have to be very nice outside and I gotta start it very early. Putting the carpet in was not that difficult but took me a while because I had very little visible help. It came out pretty good and this is the first major work i've done to my car and i'm f#@king proud of myself. :) :D :) :D

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm [email protected]#cking proud of you too sonny! LOLZ suprised you liked doing that it was a pain in the ass for me when i swap my whole interior which includes the carpets. My next big project is to custom my trunk myself I'm still a little scared though because I have no experience in it what so ever.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Triton3K, I know you were limited on time - so you were bustin some aaas - and w/o adequate light does make a project take a bit longer.

My question is.... if given the time and materials - would you have put some sound cancelling material down? Ever thought of it?

As many times as I've had the panels off - I keep telling myself, get some sound cancelling material. Every Db you rid the cabin of makes a difference (IMO). I know that the door panels do a good job but could be better. I had to ride out to Radio Smack to get a new LED for the alarm indicator and had the panel off. Man, that was a noisy aaas ride.

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hey Triton3K

I plan on changing the carpet in my car, but I have no clue where to begin. Can you give me a quick overview of what you have to do or where to get the carpet from and how's it put in???

THANKS!

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Danny--- Thanks for the compliment.

Knlngus-- I'm actually gonna be doing the sound proofing in spring once I get my system together because right now I have no radio or anything.

Datimez420--Well for the most part it's pretty easy. first just remove all the seats starting with the rear seats first, then the center console, then the interior panels on the door sills and the ones by the seat belts. Then take the lower dash on the drivers side out and the glove box because there are some screws there you have to remove so the center console can come off. Your gonna have to also open the black foot rest thingy thats on the drivers side, this is what I didn't no and took me about 15 minutes to realize, and then from there all it is really just pulling the carpet out. There are also some black tabs that hold the carpet in place by the rear seats, try not to break these cause you'll need them and they can come out with a philips flat head. If you need any other info just let me know. I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Jon--I paid 1k for the carpet, all seats, glove box and a few other little things for the trunk and interior. Not a bad deal because the seats are very mint.

·
Registered
702 Posts
thanks for the info, 1k is not a bad price for everything at all. where do you get the carpeting from? is there any site to go to or person to call or something? because i do plan on changing the leather to have the two tone in a couple of months plus might as well change the carpet too at the same time since i'll be removing my seats then.

G

·
Cool.. Did you use a helms manual to figure out how to remove the carpet? I was going to change my carpet but decided not to. In the summer if I get some $$ for leather when I take the seats out i'll probably steam clean and shampoo the **** out of it.. After that it will look brand new cause my carpet is in perfect condition.. Mabey i'll scotch guard it to.. Then i'll upgrade to LS wood for the Coupe... HAHA man I can't wait! I'll soon have my dream car the way I want it!!:D :D :D

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DaTime-- I purchased the carpet and seats out here in Queens NYC at a junkyard. I've been looking for the carpet and seats for about 2 or 3 months and when I saw it i couldn't let it go because it was the exact same color as the one that was already in the car and was very very clean.

Thai--Actually the helms manual did help out somewhat but it didn't tell me how to change the carpet, but I knew what had to be removed so I did look at the book for referencing and it helped out pretty good. I was going to steam cleam it also but I might just do that in the spring time being that its kinda cold out here in NYC.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
ohhhhh son u should have put in that peel and seal since u changed your carpet, i'm gonna do that when i change mines out, eventually:D

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HATE_ME_NOW said:
ohhhhh son u should have put in that peel and seal since u changed your carpet, i'm gonna do that when i change mines out, eventually:D
Is that the black part on the bottom of the carpet to hold it in? If so i'm gonna put it in by spring because I plan to dynamat my car when I get my system. I had to change the carpet now because I had this big rip in my carpet and I couldn't stand looking at it anymore.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
aiznpride said:
hehe,
you shoulda rippout the the carpet and left it like that dee. gives it that race-car look. =)
-j
Man, I came to close to doing that because it started to get dark, but I said let me finish it up so I didn't have to do it the next day.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Congratulations!!!

Its good for the Soul !

Now you can come down to Florida and do mine!

:D

Regards, James (Keepin the Faith)

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
James S said:
Congratulations!!!

Its good for the Soul !

Now you can come down to Florida and do mine!

:D

Regards, James (Keepin the Faith)
If ya pay my ticket i'll come down. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts