Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought there was no other. Yeah, I may have looked at that Lex IS300 and GS400 a couple of times, but it didn't mean anything. Then last night I saw her(2002 M3) and there was no denying that I must have those blue angel eyes in my parking space. She was wearing a a charcoal grey 2 door outfit with some Pirelli p7000s. My Boy told me to take a look inside. I dared not to because "Sharayn" was right there watching, looking as to say "You better not step your azz into that Euro trash". I couldn't help but look into those blues, God they were beautiful. Then I did the unthinkable, and got in. I didn't even start the car and she was making me feel something. I was all up inside her with my hands all on her interior. That wood on the steering wheel, d$$n, how could this be happening. I got out, knowing if I took a test drive, that I would be visiting the nearest BMW dealership without a blink of the eye. I was always fond of Beemers, before the Legend, but it was always that nasty little 635csi, she had her way with me in Cali one year and I never forgot her. Right now I feel bad. I haven't even given Sharayn the slightest good morning start up. I hope she can forgive me, but she knows that she has to share my heart now.......What Do I Do?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Buy an M3..............If you got the money get that honey....BUT it aint worth eating beans and rice for the next five years of your life.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
RenoG said:
Buy an M3..............If you got the money get that honey....BUT it aint worth eating beans and rice for the next five years of your life.
HEY,
What's wrong w/ beans and rice? :)

JK..

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RenoG said:
At least it's an upgrade from peanut butter and jelly.

·
Registered
699 Posts
yeah my boy just got a 2002 M3 a couple weeks ago, lemme tell you that whip is HOT! ( the car automatically shuts off if you hit 150 mph though:mad:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Acurate420 said:
yeah my boy just got a 2002 M3 a couple weeks ago, lemme tell you that whip is HOT! ( the car automatically shuts off if you hit 150 mph though:mad:
Why is that? I mean, I could be in the middle of a hot race and then it will shut off on me. That just doesn't seem right...Are you sure it's not some kind of glitch? Then, when it does shut off at 150, will I be able to still control the car and not have anything lock up on me? Maybe I need to leave this car alone... It might kill me.

·
Registered
685 Posts
yes it's true, the M3 has an engine kill switch of sorts, it will sorta stall out for a few seconds in my experience.

·
Registered
217 Posts
m3 sucks, c32AMG all the way!

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
flashdragoon said:
yes it's true, the M3 has an engine kill switch of sorts, it will sorta stall out for a few seconds in my experience.
The M3, M5, 7, and sport packaged 5s are all electronically speed limited at 155 MPH. I didn't know it shut the car off though. Isn't that kind of dangerous to suddenly lose all power at 155 MPH? :confused:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LegendGS said:

The M3, M5, 7, and sport packaged 5s are all electronically speed limited at 155 MPH. I didn't know it shut the car off though. Isn't that kind of dangerous to suddenly lose all power at 155 MPH? :confused:
My thoughts exactly Dawg! Although I'd probably never take it to that point, but what if I did and the car locked up and I was on a dangerous curve.......CAN BMW SPELL L A W S U I T, and I know my wife wouldn't settle out of court either.

·
Registered
699 Posts
yeah ive never been in the car when he's has hit 150 so im not sure exactly how it shuts down....im pretty sure all power is lost and the car shuts down though. the explanation i heard from BMW why they did that is cause there is nowhere is the US where you can exceed 150, so im pretty sure its only the ones that come to the the US.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My best guess is that maybe if the car is stolen and the idiot that stole it might try to run from the cops and if by chance they hit 150, that would stop them.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The way I had this explained to me is that the engine is shut down but not the car. It's almost like the car is put in neutral and the engine doesn't get any more gas. You can still use the power brakes and steering but no engine control until you hit some predetermined slow speed, then the engine will kick back in. That explanation wasn't for a beemer though, it was some other car.

·
Registered
217 Posts
yeah, just pretend its a coupe w/ extra seats in the back.

·
Registered
217 Posts
err doors

·
Registered
139 Posts
The shut off is just the fuel to the engine, it doesn't actually shut down the whole car. You just lose power for a couple seconds but still have full control of everything else. That is if it's the same as almost every other speed limiter on almost every new car. It sucks but it doesn't endanger you in any way.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts