Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know the type II engines have 230hp, and the type I's have 200, but how come the type I's have more torque? does the 30 extra hp in the type II make up for the lost torque? i don't get it, somebody tell me what the difference is.

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
in the Type II they had to sacrifice some low end in order to gain more high end power...................so a Type II has 204 (or wateva it was) lbs of torque as compared to a Type I's 210 lbs of torque.............but the Type II also has 230 hp compared to the Type I's 200 hp................

so off the line a Type I will probably beat a Type II by a small margin...................but the Type II's have 30 hp more in the high end which is a big difference and they are probably alot faster at high end speeds...................

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Just to add, whatever torque advantage the TYPE I has over the TYPE II at the start will be more than made up by the TYPE II by about 40-50 MPH. The TYPE II has a 0-60 of more than .5 seconds faster than the TYPE I. While I haven't had my old 91 Coupe for a while, I can tell you that the day I got my 95 TYPE II Coupe, I could not tell any significant difference on the low end between the two cars. The only differnce I could tell was teh TYPE II was definately a faster car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You know... I have a question and I hope out all the people on this message board SOMEONE could finally answer it for everyone who is wondering............

We all know that the Type II motors have 30 more horsepower but HOW.... HOW WHY HOW???? Is it something electronic? Mechanical, ,, what parts are different??? Ive just seen so many people ask question about the differences in the type I and type II and people always answer 30 more horsepower... I want to know what makes that difference because I'm sure that for those of us who have the type I engines we could get ahold of the parts that make that extra 30 horsepower and retrofit those into the type I's

Please someone be resourceful and put an end to this mystery..

Thanks a million..

VITO:confused: :D

·
Registered
393 Posts
LEgEnD4LiFe said:
in the Type II they had to sacrifice some low end in order to gain more high end power...................so a Type II has 204 (or wateva it was)

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
n20rbit93 said:
You know... I have a question and I hope out all the people on this message board SOMEONE could finally answer it for everyone who is wondering............

We all know that the Type II motors have 30 more horsepower but HOW.... HOW WHY HOW???? Is it something electronic? Mechanical, ,, what parts are different??? Ive just seen so many people ask question about the differences in the type I and type II and people always answer 30 more horsepower... I want to know what makes that difference because I'm sure that for those of us who have the type I engines we could get ahold of the parts that make that extra 30 horsepower and retrofit those into the type I's

Please someone be resourceful and put an end to this mystery..

Thanks a million..

VITO:confused: :D
It has been answered a number of times, but off memory some of the things that are different are the intake manifold, exhaust manifold (headers), part of the exhaust system, the cams, the crank shaft pully, the ECU (fuel map tuning) and a few other things.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts

Again,

Topend:

revised intake manifold, revised Exhuast manifold,bigger fuel rail,higher flow injectors,1mm dia. intake valves revised exhaust system, reprogramed ECU---possable cam and valvetrain difference.

Bottom end: Heavier Crankshaft pulley.

Torque loss is due to either the heavier crankshaft pulley and/or the addition of (2) precats to the Y pipe.

~Hybrid

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
in addition, I can tell you that the Type II is faster off the line than the Type I. AS a matter of fact, with the Type I ECU and Type II motor it is faster UP TO 80. With the correct ECU it will be much faster. I know, I know, why do I still have the Type I? Procrastination, I need to get one soon. But I can tell a definite difference between my coupe and sedan. BTW, I raced Kevon in my *stock* 92 LS and beat him...both rolling start and from a dead stop....they shifted differently....my LS just turned 190k yesterday.....sorry Kevon :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.