Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I admit that I am the type of guy who is looking for a good deal. I am VERY EASY to please and ALWAYS take a persons word, esspecially if they are from the forum.

I saw an add a couple of weeks back for an amp and some speakers so I asked my questions and offered my price.
My questions are very simply - do the items work, anything missing or broken, what is the condition of the units, etc...

The person told me that everything was in great condition and working with nothing missing and asked for the $230USD shipped to Canada (said he had to sell because he needed cash) and being a part of the forum I believe that. Anyways I asked for it to be shipped thought USPS or FEDEX (as I only have to pay taxes), but when the product came it was shipped via UPS so I had to pay there BS charges (another $107CANADIAN in taxes and brokage fees). The product came to me in a pretty well wrapped box, but when I opened it I was PISSED:mad: It was a box filled with that foam "PEANUT" stuff and the two woofers were basically rubbing against each other. MEANING that they both have damage to the front of the, one has a hole the size of a quarter and the backs were completely filled with that foam stuff. The amp was missing screws, no allan key for the screws that where there, the end caps (Rockford Fosgate have end caps) and the inside was COMPLETELY filled with that foam crap.

I tried sucking out the foam and even using compressed air to blow it out, but nothing worked. I finally had to take the amp apart and removing the foam that was stuck.

The person told me that he paid someone to package the item and ship it so he would find out if there was anything the company would do, but that has been well over a week and a half and I called UPS, but they said to take it up with the shipper as there was no vissable damage to the box that they were shipped it and it was do to POOR packaging that is why the woofers got damaged.

I just felt like venting as I just wasted over $489.00CANADIAN on 3 paper weights (POOR STUDENT, WHO IS SO POOR HE IS CONSIDERING SELLING HIS LEGEND to make ends meet) and I don't even have the heart to sell them back because I refuse to rip anyone off. I still haven't even tested these yet as I see the seller is now asking questions about new subwoofers to buy :confused: :confused: so I am pretty sure these don't work.

SORRY I JUST HAD TO VENT and this is why I will no longer buy stuff on this board, kind of sad because I did trust everyone here and the items that I have sold are ALWAYS as discribed so I thought everyone would be the same here trying to help eachother out.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Damn bro I bought a woofer of a guy b4 and it was blown. :( I wish people werent cheats,

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
You should post the name of that member along with forum screen name so members won't get ripped off by the same guy in the future.

·
Registered
460 Posts
brah!...who would that be? that personally pisses me off. i've had that done to me a couple times when i bought things from other people over the net...but this one is ridiculous and down right stupid. Aren't we family?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
sorry to hear about your loss, it's tough relying on an unofficial business transaction. all i can say is i hope everything is taken cared of, just have patience and keep contacting people about your problem.

·
Five- O
857 Posts
WhiteLegend said:
You should post the name of that member along with forum screen name so members won't get ripped off by the same guy in the future.
I agree!!!! If u've had a transation where you were ripped off - You should post that persons info up. It's sort of the same as the feed back on e-bay. You would be protecting other people.
Or u may just have to buy things from people you know or that someone else comfirms are good people on the forum.

good luck
Esti

·
93' LS
83 Posts
that really sucks... thats the one reason i'm apprehensive to buy car audio stuff off ebay cuz you don't know the warrenty and such... sorry for you loss bro. ~ Mark

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
Eye Candy said:

SORRY I JUST HAD TO VENT and this is why I will no longer buy stuff on this board, kind of sad because I did trust everyone here and the items that I have sold are ALWAYS as discribed so I thought everyone would be the same here trying to help eachother out.
very sorry to hear that man, but seriously post that idiots info in BIG AND BOLD for everyone to see, so everyone can know what a cheating s.o.b. he is.......................and so no-one else here will get ripped off by him again...............

·
Registered
123 Posts
Man that sux, I hope you dont lose faith in the whole Legend community for one dishonest person.. :(

·
Registered
166 Posts
really disappointed in hearing that. this forum held its utmost respect for each other and that is one of the reasons why I love this forum compared to any other forums on the net. damn, I'm really disappointed that someone would betray the trust of fellow Legend drivers rather than to try to help out. hope that things work out the way it should Eye Candy. Good luck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Been there man. Bought an amp from a dude I thought I could trust in high school. I opened it up and the board had a huge hole in it (still worked though). and bought a box with fosgate 12's. the first time I used it with that amp the foam surround tore on both. Never aqain will I buy used stereo ****. F*ck him and the dudes that suckered me back in the day. Watch what you buy man., you coulda got a brand new "cheapie" amp for less and hook it up to a good head unit and it will hit just as hard.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guys I thank you for all your support in this matter.
I have been on e-bay now for over 5 months and I have bought over 15 car audio product (do "BACKYARD" installs for fun) and I have to say that there has never really been a problem like this for me, (knock wood).

I don't think I want to start anything with anyone here (meaning telling everyone how the person is), but I have asked them to look into the matter again with another e-mail that I am going to send. I think I should give him a chance to see what he can do (he said he would look into the shipping company, the people that packed and shipped it for him) and if he does not follow up in one week I will let the moderater know.

Until then if I see him posting anything for sale I will WARN you guys about the seller (for your safety as everyone above stated).

I will still buy from the forum, I guess it will just be stuff from group buys now like those door stills for now

Thanks again,
Mark

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
It's real big of you to try and sort things out before you throw his name out in public, for the Legend owners with honnor to chew it up. But if the guy is so dense that he shipped it with the one company you did'nt want it shipped by and let some clerk at a shipping shop pack expensive electronic equipment with a bunch of loose foam I think you should try talking to his parents cause he sounds to irresponsible to conduct any bussines on his own, IMO. :mad:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Sorry that happened! If you don't mind me asking how did you pay him?? If you used a Major Credit Card you could dispute the charges. And I know it is hard to keep faith in the community with crap like that but, I assure you we're not all like that. Too bad the guy isn't like me (MILITARY) because when I send the JDM stuff to people...IF I screw them over all they have to do is contact my superiors here and I can/will be punished and the person is assured compensation..but, I don't do that shi*. Again sorry it happened to you.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
That's a good idea give him the chance to rectify things before blasting him remember he wasn't the one packing the stuff but he still owes you some screws and end caps, remember he did say all was there.

We would appreciate if you would as you say warn us if you happen to see him selling something else, the last thing anyone of us would want to do is buy something from someone who is irresponsible i.e. not making sure ups pack the equipment right, and double checking all contents in efforts to save the buyer and the seller unnecessary drama..

Again sorry to hear that, just stay on him...

If he's a member of this forum that means he's probably reading this, if so, to you I would like to say 'until you can be more responsible and considerate of your fellow Legend brothers you have no business selling anything here in our forum'. So please take care of Eye Candy its your responsiblity, stay on UPS and give Eye Candy the screws and end caps, if they're lost you owe him some money and if you can't get Ups to take care of the packaging problem you owe him even more money, If we learn from Eye Candy you did not come through on this man we will demand to know your name and also will demand the moderators to kick you off and out, for we will not tolerate this here, we have a level / standard of trust that we must maintain here in order to keep this place as trustworthy as possible.

Yes, this is a threat from a member, not a moderator. But don't under estimate the power of us members and I know I have the rest of my Legend brother behind me, because that's not cool at all. Your messin with people's money homie....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.