Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... that I could get so many things stuck in the rail from preventing it from lowering the bar that slides the seat back and forth... Here's how it unveiled itself ...

As soon as I removed the seat, everything seemed to be working, until I put the seat upside down in the reclined position, as soon as I did that, I heard 3-4 things drop into place, then the symptoms came back. 2 things fell out first -

1. Pentil Lead Pencil Metal Clip (you know that clip that you see showing when the pencil is hooked into your pocket)
2. 1976 U.S. Penny

Then I looked closely and from the angle I was looking at it, I just couldn't figure it out. The rail sitting closest to the doorway was free and moving, but the other rail wasn't.

So I flipped it on it's side and voila, I heard 2 more objects moving. It still wasn't moving, soI moved it back to the original position I had started with and I saw 2 pieces.

1. 1985 Quarter - Wedged 1/2 way in the track & 1/2 way showing through one of the many round (slightly smaller than nickel-sized holes).

2. 1978 Nickel - Also wedged, but in a different part on the track.

I was thinking to myself, damn, how do I get that out? I looked closely at the track on either side and I just couldn't figure out how it got there in the first place. I used a flathead screwdriver to remove the nickel and it's kinda funny, cuz, I didn't realize the nIckel is just silver plated with copper inside of it or something like that, but it almost ripped it in 1/2. I suppose the Nickel was already there for quite sometime, so it's been thrashed for a while.

The quarter took some working, it was too large to pry out and it was wedged in the middle of the track path, so it wasn't as easy as sticking a medium-length flathead screwdriver down one side of the path and prying it out.

I was so pissed off, that I just literally banged the track on the concrete, while holding the lever up and bam, it flew into the air and landed.

Don't worry, I checked it out, the track still moves and all the parts interconnecting it still work good.

Now I was like how the hell did that all get in there. Easy. After putting it back, if you aren't too careful, anything can drop between the center console and the chair and this is the first time that money has gotten stuck in the rails for me, I've dropped money lots of times in that area on other Honda vehicles and have yet to get those stuck.

So, if you are stuck in a rut and the damn seat won't move or won't stay in 1 position, maybe that's it!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
It's happened to me, i had a quarter stuck in the passanger side rail one time, thing was so wedged in the track that it was bent about 20 degrees, i was in the same pickle as u i had to take the seat out, but i almost couldn't since it has to move up the track a bit, i forget how i got it out finally but i had to shake the loose seat hard to budge the quarter, luckily for me American ingenuity worked:D. once i removed the seat i preceded to take out the other one and totally vacume out the car, MAN was there ever change under the rails! i had gotten back about $3 in change, never knew so much was lost down there, oh and i found the stalest mcDonalds fry possibly know to man too:D

·
Registered
702 Posts
yup, i'm in the same boat

my friend had a whole rack of quarters one day and when he sat down all of them fell out and i saw a bunch fall around the seat...i got all the quarters that i could reach out, but i see one wedged in the middle of the track that i cannot reach since it is so far in...and so now my passenger seat will not move back and forth...i'm thinking i need to remove the seat to take it out.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
DaTimez420 said:
yup, i'm in the same boat

my friend had a whole rack of quarters one day and when he sat down all of them fell out and i saw a bunch fall around the seat...i got all the quarters that i could reach out, but i see one wedged in the middle of the track that i cannot reach since it is so far in...and so now my passenger seat will not move back and forth...i'm thinking i need to remove the seat to take it out.
ouch i hope it's not in a postion thats gonna make it hard to take your seat out or you'll never get that quarter out

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HATE_ME_NOW said:
ouch i hope it's not in a postion thats gonna make it hard to take your seat out or you'll never get that quarter out
Mine was sort of like that, you just have to be real careful. If you really want it out, you'll find a way, even if it means ruining your interior.

The most convenient time to take it out would be if you were planning to re-do the leather on the seats, then you can spend the time and thrash the existing leather all you'd like, before re-leatherizing your car.

G

·
Oh god that pisses me off when my friends drop change into the seats. Not onl can it make the thing get stuck in its tracks but if it gets in between the seat and that plastic pocket it can also rattle a ton, which is annoying as hell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.