Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For about the last 5,000 miles I have been having this problem that has annoyed me to death. It has gradually gotten worse and worse (to the point that it annoyed people that road in the car with me). At first I had to turn off the music and get people to listen very carefully when I would turn to the right. You could hear something rubbing almost. It sounded like that for about 3000 miles and then all of the sudden one day I go to make a hard right turn and I'm like what the **** is that!?!?!! I previously had been thinking that it was either a wheel bearing or the CV Joints, so now that it was getting louder all of the sudden I said to myself, "My CV Joint must be bad so I'll replace my axles, and just to be safe since I can't get it to make the noise when I'm on a lift I'll replace the shocks and springs as well (I wanted to lower my car anyways)." I ordered my new shocks and axles about 1,000 miles later (hoping the whole time that something would become more obvious). During this time I had about 3 mechanics look at the car along with my Auto Body and Auto Tech teachers at school. Everybody kept thinking that it was the axle and I wanted new suspension so I figured I'll do both and it should do something hopefully.

So I order up everything and took it to my mechanic to put it on. He owed me a favor. He put everything on and I went to go drive it and I was like, "Damn!!! the problem is still there!" Then to top it off I told my mechanic to set my suspension to stiff (Konis on full stiff with uncut bumpstops). So 2 weeks later I took action and went over to my friends house who has a lift where we took out all the suspension and readjusted it to 1/2 turn from full soft and cut the bumpstops in half. Lowered the car to the ground and the ride was awesome, but the problem was still there when I would turn to the right. Next I was like, well I better at least get my alignment done, so I take it to the shop (also knowing that now I need two new rear tires, but thinking that it was wierd that I already had bad camber in the rear before I even lowered my car). So the guy aligns the front and then tells me that I have a bad rear lower control arm (bent). So I order one of those up and take it to my mechanic that put the camber kits, and suspension on in the first place. He says that he'll put it on and try to figure out what is the problem. This was 4 days ago, before I left for Whistler on Vacation. So while I'm gone I see that he hasn't called my cell phone so I knew that he must not have figured it out. I just got back today and called the place this morning.

The head guy at the shop picks up the phone and is like, "Aaron! I fixed it!" I started jumping up and down giggling (well.... not really, but I was very happy). It ended up being a rear transmission mount and he told me that he had to take apart a bunch of stuff to figure it out and that the original guy that was doing all my stuff there didn't have any luck. All that work for just that little thing.

It's just an ongoing mess though :p. I went to order my 2 new Michelin Pilot Sports today from Acura (they gave me a pretty good deal, $179 a tire), and I got my oil changed while I was there for $30. The tech comes out and tells me though that my master break cylinder is leaking and that it will be $400 to fix it. Ouch :eek:. Grrrrrr, so I say, I'll worry about it later. I speed down to the alignment shop at least feeling good about the fact that my car feels like its driving great. The guy told me that he will get me in on Wednesday the same day my new tires go on.

Anyways, hopefully some day soon I'll be able to get my Legend running right, but it gets hard to keep paying for this stuff. It really really adds up.

I can't believe how long that was!!!! Damn, at least I type fast, hehee :cool:. I doubt that any of you read that whole thing and if you did you were probably wasting your time :D. Just wanted to let some people know who cared, how my Zelda is doing. Later guys.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Damn, I read it all, haha

Anyways, $400! That seems high, I suggest doing that somewhere besides the Acura Dealer. Personally, besides the damn Speed Sensor acting up on me, when I brake @ High Speeds, the steering wheel vibrates a bit, I'm guessing it's probably a disc that needs "turning". Ahh, I need some $$$ so I can start doing some stuff to it (like bigger rims, damn 15"s!).

Hey, at least you got your Suspension and Lights in!

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Nice Aaron..... isn't it releiving when you finally fix something that has been buggin' you for a long time....??? It may have cost a bit of $$$, but now its out of your hair. As for the master cylinder, you can get a rebuilt OEM master cylinder with the same warranty as the Acura master cylinder for about half the price. I paid $125 CDN (with a $45 core charge refund) plus 1.5 hours labour ($100) for mine. TRy the auto parts stores and that...

Now it sounds like you have your car all primed and ready to go for the summer....:)

How was Whistler??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whistler was amazing, sunny weather, and good snow. It was kinda icy down towards mid mountain but as the day went on it got really slushy. Up high towards the glacier, etc. it was nice all day. There was even powder the first day I was there (amazing for spring skiing). Plus there is a ski and snowboard festival going on right now up there so there is tons of live music and competitions going on. I'm really glad that I have been on Spring Break this last week.

Thanks Mckenzie, I'll have to look into those rebuilt BMC's. I did that with my axles when I had to get those, and it ended up working out great. I got each axle for $60.

Later you guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts