Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
proof once again that the mythic g1 turbo legend did exist :)

b

G

·
Yeah if you do a search on these forums you will find the post that Acuralegend.com posted about the Turbo he saw in Japan...

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found one more thing about this car. They only made about 250 of them. I was so surprised to know Honda turbo'ed a real car, I always new they had a little turbo 3 banger. Also, a company here in my city makes a G1 Turbo kit. It would be sweet to get them to make a G2 kit.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
In other parts of the world there were many Honda Legend 2.0Ti produced. They carried about 188HP. V6 2.0L w/Turbo, those WERE real. Around the same time it is "Claimed" that Honda developed 250, 2.7TT Honda Legends as a test in Japan. They are SAID to produce close to 270HP. Now, those have never been confirmed, the 2.0Ti has however.

Later on, Honda discovered Turbo was not a big hit in Japan, poor fuel economy. So they left Turbos to F1 vehicles and such.

From then on, Honda decided they would develop new technologies, they would attempt to reach turbo output levels, without the sacrafice of all that fuel, making the engine more efficient instead. VTEC was born.

In total there have been 2 consumer honda cars with turbo, 3 if you count the mythical 2.7TT Legend.

The first two:
Honda City Life (Funny looking little thing in Japan)
Honda Legend 2.0Ti (188HP V6 Turbo)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Actually a while ago on the old forums.legend.org (before the revamp) or at the beginning of it there was a G1 owner named like ##GoldRush or something that got a custom turbo. I haven't heard of him in a while but he was happy to get a good price for it.(The guy that did it for him said he wouldn't charge so low for the same install because of the labor:p ).

Also, didn't someone on here post a pic of the car someone was trying a 6-speed swap + sc? I guess he probably gave up.

·
I'van der Rohe
12,824 Posts
Speaking of TTLegends...

what ever happened to Gary D (DePreist) and his twin turbo 1100hp drag Legend i havn't heard a thing after the unveiling of the car. No numbers no nothing.

Gary if your on the web or if some one who knows him can they find out what went arye(sic).

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Goldrush was on this forum not too long ago. He got the $4000 Turbo installed from forcedairtek I believe. They're located in Arizona, so you HAVE to, go there to get it installed. The problem is, if something needs servicing, that's a long drive for most.

He never gave us any numbers tough. That I recall at least, estimated HP boost was 70-80HP.

·
Registered
703 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
Goldrush was on this forum not too long ago. He got the $4000 Turbo installed from forcedairtek I believe. They're located in Arizona, so you HAVE to, go there to get it installed. The problem is, if something needs servicing, that's a long drive for most.

He never gave us any numbers tough. That I recall at least, estimated HP boost was 70-80HP.
He's on this forum as well. He goes by the name 1989~TLC. He estimated 70-80 horsepower more at the wheels. :eek: Not sure if he actually dyno tested it or not yet.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i remember seeing on ebay about 3 years ago somebody auctioning off a legend coupe...and they seller was talking crazy like it was a special model that produced 270 HP, i think he referred to it as a type III engine and said it was very rare. i dont remember the price for it, and i didnt believe it at all. but maybe it was one of those prototypes you say they made in japan...? if that rumor is real, and i knokw what i saw on ebay, then maybe they really DID make a few 270 HP legends...that would be so sweet. i wonder where the hell they all are right now??????

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
rquest77 said:
i remember seeing on ebay about 3 years ago somebody auctioning off a legend coupe...and they seller was talking crazy like it was a special model that produced 270 HP, i think he referred to it as a type III engine and said it was very rare. i dont remember the price for it, and i didnt believe it at all. but maybe it was one of those prototypes you say they made in japan...? if that rumor is real, and i knokw what i saw on ebay, then maybe they really DID make a few 270 HP legends...that would be so sweet. i wonder where the hell they all are right now??????
Oh yeah. That stupid twit in Texas. Claimed the car was a 94, yet it had a 93 trunk lid on it. Lot of fools on EBay trying to suck in other fools.

·
Registered
77 Posts
'89 GoldRush... that's me!

Hey guys:

It was funny to read about others writing about you like you're some kind of mythical "Legend" from the past (no pun intended).

The turbo'd G1 is alive and well right here in the US (AZ to be exact).

I did have it dyno'd- before and after the blower upgrade... numbers below.

check out some of my other posts, as I've made some upgrades to my original setup.

Take care,

Matt

·
Hatin the rain already
599 Posts
Hey 1989~TLC
Are there any southwest legend meets like in phoenix? I would like to go to one in that area after I move to Vegas NV. in June. I want to see your turbo setup. not that I could ever afford to go all out like that but it would be fun to go for a ride in it if you would. Let me know about the southwest scene so I can finally meet other board members and see their PHAT rides up close.
Thanks.
Jeff

·
Registered
685 Posts
Man! an actual turbo on a legend, I would love to see that, what part of AZ? I live in NM, so if there is a meet in AZ and you'll be there, I have to get there, I would love to see the Turbo setup. I am not financially inclined as to get the turbo, bubt man it would be nice.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Jeff & FlashD:

I live in Northern AZ... about 90 miles north of Phoenix in a dinky little town called Prescott. Lucky for me, Forced Air Tech is in a dink-ier little town only 20 miles east of here, called Dewey.

I haven't really participated in any AZ Legend meets- though I would like to.

oh yeah... my before turbo dyno runs yielded 148hp/152tq [at the wheels]. With 6psi boost, TLC put out 211hp/201tq-- that's a 43% gain in hp.

Still haven't run it in the 1/4 yet, but am itchin' to do that too.

I'd be happy to give you guyz a ride in my ride anytime.

_Matt

P.S. I'm having the big brake setup, and Ground Control kit installed tomorrow!! Will post some PICS when I can.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Pics of Turbo Legend!!!

Hey Guys,

I initially meant to put this in the post regarding Turbo Legends. I recently found a pic of a Turbo Honda Legend! The website is in Japanese, so I couldn't get any particulars.

If anyone knows how to submit/transfer this to the post already about Turbo Legends please let me know.

This is the link to the website

http://www.honda.co.jp/soeno/photo_id/legend/jpg/230_2b.jpg

Notice the difference in the front fascia on their Legends. Different chrome accent. I like it, it looks more distinguished

I tried to attach the pic, but file is too big.:(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts