Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I like shiny
14,445 Posts
WOW-someone must have driven it around for a while. It had under 100k when I traded it in last September. And that alarm remote is different-they changed out the alarm system. I wonder who had it, changed things and then traded it in again.

Tyson-that dealership is very close to where I live/where you stayed when you were here. To get to that dealership you would need to turn before getting to the Les Schwab that fixed your flat.

·
AKA Carlton I3anks
2,617 Posts
WOW-someone must have driven it around for a while. It had under 100k when I traded it in last September. And that alarm remote is different-they changed out the alarm system. I wonder who had it, changed things and then traded it in again.

Tyson-that dealership is very close to where I live/where you stayed when you were here. To get to that dealership you would need to turn before getting to the Les Schwab that fixed your flat.
Someone must've bought it and when it kept overheating they bought it back and got another car.

·
I want K-Sports..
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont believe that remote is for the Legend, it's a stock Ford remote. They might keep a couple keys in one batch or something. Still looks clean though!

·
makes his putts....
710 Posts
Someone must've bought it and when it kept overheating they bought it back and got another car.
I always wondered if the HG's were bad on that car. They were replaced by an Acura dealership only 30K ago. I guess they must have screwed something up. Too bad, a beautiful legend..... Some poor sap is going to pay too much for that car and have to deal with the BHG...at least he'll find the forums

·
I like shiny
14,445 Posts
I always wondered if the HG's were bad on that car. They were replaced by an Acura dealership only 30K ago. I guess they must have screwed something up. Too bad, a beautiful legend..... Some poor sap is going to pay too much for that car and have to deal with the BHG...at least he'll find the forums
Another forum member has driven it. He said that the upper radiator hose has a "tag" on it and looks new. Who knows if there was something really wrong or if the dealership is just putting "band-aids" on it to help it sell. I had put a lot of money into that car, including the headgasket replacement a couple years ago. I had just reached the "done" point. We'll see-that forum member's friend's mom might want it, so I told them to take it for a longer drive, let it idle in a parking lot, drive some more, etc. and see how the car reacts.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Yeah, i drove it the other day. Drove about 25 min, fairly hard and then easy at the end, no overheating. Like pat said, I saw that there was a new upper rad hose. On my first coupe this was the exclusive reason it was overheating- as soon as i replaced it it never did it again. I might be taking it for a longer drive this weekend since it was still there earlier this morning, just have to wait and see what she(friends mom) wants to do.

·
I like shiny
14,445 Posts
Yeah, i drove it the other day. Drove about 25 min, fairly hard and then easy at the end, no overheating. Like pat said, I saw that there was a new upper rad hose. On my first coupe this was the exclusive reason it was overheating- as soon as i replaced it it never did it again. I might be taking it for a longer drive this weekend since it was still there earlier this morning, just have to wait and see what she(friends mom) wants to do.
Let us know how it goes. Who knows, in the 10k that was put on it, maybe more was done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.