Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it looks as if it might be the end of my Acura "Evolution" Legend driving days. To make a long story short, I took a turn to fast and lost control of the car causing me to spin and hit the guard rail twice. I was in total shock, but thank God, the airbag and seatbelt saved my life. Luckily, nobody was with me in the car and nobody driving around me either. The smell of the airbag has got to be the worst smell in the world. From the front doors back it looks fine but the front fenders, front bumper, hood, headlights, front windshield, and some under the hood components (ie. radiator, etc.) are all messed. I think it's safe to say it's totaled, but I'm just waiting on my body shop for that confirmation. I'm just glad I came out alive, it definetly was the scariest feeling in the world.

Now, here's my situation, I got around 6-7K to spend on another car, but am not sure if I should get another Legend. The advantage of getting another Legend would be that I could just swap my remus, konis, ground controls, two-tone seats, etc., right over to the new Legend. But I also have an "itch" to try something new. Some of my choices are the Acura Vigor (always liked the look of these), older 93-94 BMW 325's, and the older Lexus LS400's. I'm open to suggestions.

And everyone, please be careful when your out there driving, learn from my mistake.

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
Wow man, I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but happy to hear you're alive and well. Sometimes we get these wake up calls to really devote our time to whats more important in life, and not to take for granted each day we wake up to. I was shocked after totalling my legend too, I know how u feel. I hope things go well with the insurance etc. and that you feel well :) Take care.

G

·
Sammy, I'm just glad to hear that you are ok. I always hate hearing about these kinds of things, but they are just inevitable considering that most of us drive our cars to the limit on a daily basis. Just time to thank god, and be thankful for being alive. I try to look at things like this when times are rough as learning experiences.

Now for the details.... how fast were you going, what kinda turn, freeway???

Next car, you were saying early 90's 325.... Do you only have 7k total to spend. If that is just how much you personally have and you think that you'll get some more from insurance or something then I would go with like a 96/97 BMW M3. Those things are sick as hell. I don't really think that you would enjoy the vigor though since that would be such a downgrade. Instead of the vigor just get a Legend, if you want something different though for a good price, go with a Lexus or a earlier M3. (btw, I recommend the 6spd coupe too, but I get the feeling that you aren't into coupes).

Be safe everyone, last thing I want to see is someone's girlfriend, parents, or sibling coming on to tell us that one our fellow Legend head's has been killed in a car accident. I hope that everything turns out good, keep us updated Sammy.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
Sammy, sorry to hear about your accident, but thank God you're ok. As far as getting another vehicle, I would say try a Legend Coupe if you like the coupes or a Lexus GS 300, or BMW M3 or early 3 series. I just hope the insurance company doesnt try to give you a hard time with anything.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone for your kind words. It really helps with the whole situation. It's going to take a lot of time to get over this car, but with inspirational words coming from my family, friends, and Legend family it speeds up the process.

I honestly don't remember how fast I was going, but it was fast. I honestly think that I hit a slick spot, but that's neither here nor there, driving that fast was irresponsible of me. This happened right before merging onto the freeway. I just sat and looked at my Legend and then looked at the other dents in the guard rails, thinking, I just joined a bunch of other people that got into accidents in that same area.

I don't know what car is next, but I did see a 95 Legend GS in the auto trader that I want to go check out. As far as finding a 6-speed, well, the trouble is I'm not so good with driving a manual and with the traffic I deal with to get to work I just don't think it would be wise to get one. But, we'll see what happens. If anything, the Legend has to have black interior for my two-tone to match.

Thanks again, and I'll keep you all updated.

-Sammy D.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
man, i am truly sorry. i know how it feels, especially after putting all that work into a car. it is good to hear that you are alright, the last thing we need to hear is of one of us dead or seriously injured in an accident. listen, i wish you luck with problems encountered after something like this happens. also, good luck with your insurance and be safe. once again, i'm sorry but glad you're ok. i know the itch to try something new, but t=you'll probably start itching for the Legend after trying something else. stick with the Legend. the LS400 is too big in my opinion. aight bro,take it easy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
how fast were u taking that turn???
even though it was completely your fault... good to hear you're safe.

sell the parts from the legend and add that up with the money from the insurance then put that money down on a newer, nicer car. my 2 cents

G

·
This dude talks a lot of s h i t!! Do what you like...if you like bling bling then by all means put more!! Glad to hear you are ok!! Live and Learn...

·
Registered
23 Posts
GoldenCoupe said:
Do what you like...if you like bling bling then by all means put more!!
its his ride, he can do whatever he wants... all the more power to him for doing what he wants. i'm sure my opinion won't change his mind... afterall... it is just that, my opinion

·
Registered
23 Posts
GoldenCoupe might wanna scratch out the license plate of the cars in your sig ;) the DMV seems to like giving out private info to strangers, especially car thieves

G

·
That's allright...I got insurance!! It says where I'm located...come steal!! And, just in case you couldn't see it better...

·
Registered
23 Posts
GoldenCoupe said:
That's allright...I got insurance!! It says where I'm located...come steal!! And, just in case you couldn't see it better...
[email protected] boy calm the f*ck down...
i'm not saying i'm gonna steal your car, i hate car thieves :mad:

edit: you guys need to get rid of this censorship nonsense

G

·
See this is what happens when you're working the grave yard shift at the most boring place in the world!! Oh S H I T I've got a call!! D A M N and an early flight in 2 hours...meeting!!!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts