Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Koni's but one the boxes were opened.
I'm not sure if I'm missing parts.

First, do I have the correct Koni's??
Tha part numbers are:
8240 1125
8240 1126
These are the numbers on the box.
Which is the front and which is the back??

The box with 8240 1126 was opened.
It has the 2 Koni's, two donut shaped metal sleeves, and a plastic bag that contains 2 bolts and 2 white "C" shaped plastics.
Is this all the parts??

The other box was NOT opened, 8240 1125; has the same stuff but inside the plastic bag it has the above mentioned parts plus 2 metal rings.

I hope this stuff is correct.

Thanks~~

G

·
Sorry I don't have an answer for your question, but I'm just curious as to where you got them and at what price? Thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The GB

Speed Demon,

I got them from the last GB with Rob at Torn Active.
It was $430 Shipped.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
As long as they are redish or orange it is problably the right ones. I don't recall exacly, but off memory this is what they have.

For the rear, you will have the longer shock, two polished metal spring perches, two plastic white washers, and two nuts.

For the front, you have the shorter shock, two metal rings, two plastic white washers, and two nuts. Those are the main parts. The front will NOT have a spring perch, or brake line braket, as you need to hammer off the ones from your OEM shock and reuse it. The spring perch and brake line braket are removable from the OEM front shock. You just need to hammer/tap them off. The metal ring goes on the C clip first, then the OEM shock slides on top of that.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
sounds like you have everything you need. I replaced mines a few months back and what you mentioned is the exact same thing I have, but give them a call to see if there is anything missing and why it was open.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is a Good Setting??

Chris K & Triton3K,

Thanks for the info.

I was wondering is a Good Setting.
I think I'm gonna use the stock srpings.
My wife primarily is gonna be driving.
Nothing to tight.
How do I set the Koni's??

Thanks~~

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Re: What is a Good Setting??

SHR XTC said:
Chris K & Triton3K,

Thanks for the info.

I was wondering is a Good Setting.
I think I'm gonna use the stock srpings.
My wife primarily is gonna be driving.
Nothing to tight.
How do I set the Koni's??

Thanks~~
Because ur using stock springs and your wife is mostly driving the car, I would set them on the lowest setting (0 turns).

Rebound Adjustment Procedures :

Remove the shock absorber from the vehicle and hold it vertically with the lower eye or pin attached in a vise. Use clamp plates to prevent damage.

Fully collapse the shock absorber, at the same time turning the dust cap or piston rod slowly to the left (counterclockwise), until it is felt that the cams of the adjustment nut engage in the recesses of the foot valve assembly.

Some shock absorbers include a bump rubber concealed under the dust cover and it must be removed prior to adjusting.

The damper may have already been adjusted. Therefore check whether the shock absorber is in the adjustment position or not by keeping it collapsed and gently turning it further to the left counting at the same time the half turns until a stop is felt. Stop turning then and do not use force.

Keeping the shock absorber collapsed, make 1 half turn (180 degrees) to the right (clockwise). In case of prior adjustment add the number of half the turns previously found. The total range is about 5 half turns.

Pull the shock absorber out vertically without turning for at least 1 cm to disengage the adjusting mechanism. The dust cap or piston rod may now be turned freely.

ADJUSTING DIRECTION

Clockwise = Firmer
Counter Clockwise = Softer

G

·
What do you mean that you got them from the last group buy with Rob @ TornActive? I thought that we were still trying to do that group buy!?!?! Was I just out of the loop?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Group buy or group Hide?

Did I just miss another group buy?

Group buy or group Hide?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The GB

Mike,

Thanks for the info and the picture.
I think that's the setting I'm gonna go for but theonly doubt I had was the stock springs.
Once again, Thanks~~

Speed Demon,
I was in the last GB with Rob before Christmas.
Reading your posts, I think I was the only one who purchased them.
I forgot who set the up the GB but I jumped on it.
Maybe it's the same GB but I got my set.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Currently, I have my OEM springs in the front on the low spring perch of the Koni shocks, with the damper set on full soft. That gives you about a .75" drop. The rear I also have on the low perch and soft setting, but it is much lower than the front, so I'll be moving it back to the middle perch. Now the spring perch on the rear will depend on your car. If your stock ride is higher in the front then the back, then I would set it up like mine, If the front is lower, or even to the rear, I would put both on the low perch. Keeping the Konis on the soft setting yeilds a very similar ride to the stock set up. My 95 is still stock, so I have a pretty good comparison with my Koni/OEM spring set up on my 93.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts